Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing bars

I sometimes have this problem on my tick charts:

On the 1500 tick bar chart all bars are present but on the 500 tick bar chart many of the bars are invisible. The bars seem to be present (because the indicators are still working as if the bars are present) but the bars aren't visible.

Strangely, it's not ALL the bars that are invisible. On the ES 12-13 all of yesterday's bars, the first three bars of today and part of the last three are visible but nothing in-between.

I've tried reloading all data, changing from OHLC to bars and other options, shutting down and restarting NT etc. The only way I am able to resolve it is by deleting the chart and creating a new one from scratch which is a bit of a pain.

On my Crude (CL) charts, even that doesn't work. I've never been able to get ANY bars on the 2097 or 233 tick charts (and the indicators don't work either - it's like the data is not there), but all others work fine, like the 699 tick and 6291 tick.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Instamess,

Can you please disconnect your data feed and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab, click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader and check if the charts shows the missing data.

If the issue remains, please exit NinjaTrader and go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the cache folder. Start NinjaTrader and check again.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply, Jason.

The ES charts are now fine.

On CL the exact same problem as before is still there (the two charts with the missing data don't even say "loading").
      Last edited by Instamess; 10-31-2013, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Can you please tell me to what data feed provider you connect in NinjaTrader.

Am I correct you have the CL 12-13 selected? If you are using an older expiry, please rollover the CL to the 12-13 expiry. Instructions can be found at the link below.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Good point! That resolved it.

Strange that some charts were working in the 10-13 but others weren't.

But the problem is resolved, many thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by MarianApalaghiei, Yesterday, 10:49 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred