Procmon.exe errors -- please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Procmon.exe errors -- please help

www.sysinternals.com Process Monitor finally revealed what was going on udner the hood of the Win 7x64 Ultimate core i3 8GB hood.

in particular (although there were at least 4 other massively reocurring error types), in particular, it still takes 40 minutes to load the workspaces when connecting live to the datafeed (zenfire / rithmic) which basically means I miss all live trading opportunities and this expensive trading application becomes an video game....

NinjaTrader 7\templattes\ChartObject\ChartText.xml -- PATH NOT FOUND and FAST IO DISALLOWED
    are two of the recurring errors upon load, and it seems recursive (stuck in an unending loop)

I was successfully able to load the "\db" directory and "\templates" directory into a 4GB RamDisk that is persistent (saved upon shutdown / reinitalized upon startup)

however, Ninja still created the "\db" directory under the HDD C:\%userprofile\My Documents\NinjaTrader7 folder, hence having two (2) "\db" directories. I looked in, and saw that the HDD version has the currrent data, where as it was supposed to have followed the symbolic "junction" to the Ramdisk and prevent all this double talk...

so help with 2 problems

1) why does this insessant paging occur (no, the workspace works and is not corrupt)
    2) why does the Ramdisk NOT receive ALL "\db" requests?

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

1) While the workspace may not be corrupt, what is within the workspace? How many charts, what types of custom indicators, etc.?

Are you also using the GOM tools, and how many days of data are you using to load the GOM tools?

2 Unfortunately using junctions to move the default My Documents install location to a RAM disk or other disk is not supported.

Either one of our community members who has experience with using a RAM disk or one of the members of BigMikesTrading would need to chime in to assist with your setup.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes, I am there, and aware and contributing in both places

I am surprised you guys acknowledge BigMike, because not everything is always flattering, but highly informative and real, from real users, traders and peoples... GFU! (good for you guys)
      Primo Cache didn't work and crashed my system more than once; operating system. I wasn't able to discern any appreciable improvement in caching or speed of access to the internals of Ninja, hence faster loading and handling times. @bigmike - didn't you move off of Ninja quite sometime ago, and adopted another (superior) or comparable trading / charting system? Perhaps those improvements from that trading platform were able to take advantage of the operating implementation of a super cache. Yikes. …

--- answers to your response ----
      A) no, have not implemented Gomi yet, and its not part of this equation

B) you guys should support Ramdisk functionality --
      because this would provide a 4-fold increase in speed, simplicity, support and viability of your existing code with minimal investment in programming and future effort as well as (most important point)

C) any improvements in the areas of bottlenecks, speed and less pagination would allow active traders a fighting chance against the relatively recent phenomenon of the HFT's and over paid programmers that make sure those companies compete with all the latest techniques, programming and system tweaks and beat those to the punch. Add to that the equation of co-located servers operating within fractions of a nano-second both in terms of speed of logic / programming and processing data over the pipe (ISP / Internet / data servers)

ok, answers to clarify:
      6 workspaces - 2 of which are intense (1 twice as much as the other); 1 is untitled1 which is empty

on the active (hanging - taking well over 40 minutes to load) workspace it has:
      1-control center
      1-alert window
      1-market analyzer
      1-time & sales
      1-static dome
      9 charts
      .. 1 of which has 8 symbols / panels with basic analytics in each panel
      -- 1 of which has 5 symbols / panels with " " " "
      -- 1 unirenko with analytics
      -- 3 tick charts with analytics
      --3 minute charts with analytics
      each chart has at least 2 panels

so why does the Process Monitor report something as static as the :\templates\ChartObject\ChartText.xml" show errors like these:
      1) FAST IO DISALLOWED
      2) PATH NOT FOUND

the xml code referes to:
      <ChartText xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

the first webpage location is http 404.

can't this be fixed, so that this error no longer contributes to the lengthy wait times and errors incurred?
      so
      Last edited by kronie; 11-04-2013, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Hello,

A) Thanks for the information

B) Allow me to clarify, we do not support the use of junctions to move the default folders where NinjaTrader installs.

With that said, if you were to email in reporting incorrect behavior with NinjaTrader, outside this thread, we wouldn't know if you were on a RAM disk, junctioning your NinjaTrader installation to another folder/hard drive, etc. If you mentioned this as part of your setup, most likely the first step would be to remove the junctions.

C) Many improvement enhancements are coming to NinjaTrader 8.

As you might be aware, Ray did four webinars on NinjaTrader 8 and a fifth one has been scheduled.

The process monitor will report that Templates\ChartObject\ChartText.xml even if you simply use the Text tool on your chart, this in itself isn't the cause of your workspace taking a long time to load.
        We have also mentioned this to our Development Team in the past. But in terms of NinjaTrader performance, this is processed by your PC in 2-3 tenths of a second.

Items that can impact your workspace load times.
        • Custom indicators making outside calls or poorly programmed indicators.
        • # of days to load in your charts, especially on Tick based charts (Tick, Range, Renko, etc.)
        • Amount of drawing tools used, manually or from an indicator (this can tie in with poorly coded indicators)
        CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post traderqz  
        Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes