Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOREX prices with MBTrading

Hi everyone.

Sometimes FOREX prices show fine in the MA, Account Performance, etc but sometimes they go wild (i.e. the prices, positions, results etc make no sense sometimes). For example, after midnight tonight some of the positions show like positive or negative $5000, $90,000, 850, etc when it should be like $20, 10, 40, etc. It just seems to happen randomly unless it is some kind of midnight deal...not sure.

How can this be prevented...pretty annoying.

I confirm on the real account with MBT and prices are where they are suppose to be (I have come to expect this anomaly with NT and MBT/FOREX prices but it is getting hard to accept over time). How can we fix this? Please let me know what I can do on my side but I think I have everything set correctly...but, you never know...

I really really hope this is totally fixed in NT8!

Greg

Hello Greg,

Thank you for your post.

When calculating a currency based PnL for forex trades, rate must be correctly calculated. Please check the 'Rate' column in the Executions tab of the control center for any of your positions where you saw PnL reported oddly. Do you see '1' reported as the rate or another number?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello Greg,

Thank you for your post.

When calculating a currency based PnL for forex trades, rate must be correctly calculated. Please check the 'Rate' column in the Executions tab of the control center for any of your positions where you saw PnL reported oddly. Do you see '1' reported as the rate or another number?
      Hey Kyle:

Yea...I do. I see a "1" on about 15 USD based currencies (i.e. xyz/usd). Some of those appear reporting fine. A few are not.

The others have specific rates showing.

However, I have some JPY base currencies (i.e. xyz/jpy) that show there actual rates that have the problem too?

All my futures, of course, have 1 as well (which I think is correct).

Comment

Hello Greg,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, FOREX prices with MBTrading' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

If possible, could you please include a screenshot that shows the issue with prices, positions and results.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

@Kyle and @Jason

I email you the logs, traces, screenshots, and csv's.

Please let me know you received.

Comment

Correction: Thanks Kyle, but I think this is a NT core issue in processing FOREX data

Hi @Kyle and @Jason

I re-posted in the proper thread (accidentally posted in the wrong one earlier)

I have completed the database repair per your email instructions and have noted the further option to rename the database but lose a lot of settings.

I have to say, though, I have opened this issue up 2 other times in the past over the years. I do not believe it really has anything at all to do with repairing the database OR renaming the database. I have done that before 2 times in the past as well for the same exact issue and it never cleared up or work with FOREX pricing with MBTrading. The issue always comes back.

So, I have repaired the database but can not rename because I know it will not work and I will lose a ton of settings (based on prior knowledge and direct experience in the past on the same issue).

The issue has to be the way NT collects, interprets, or otherwise process the pricing quotes or whatever. I think it is a fundamental problem on NT side somewhere on the NT platform and/or the MBTrading software popup program that is loaded with NT.

In addition to having the wrong numbers just about everywhere in MA, Performance, etc etc, there is no way to analyze the data either of past trades cause the pricing and profit/loss are all out of whack.

Sidenote: MBTrading has informed me the that the version used in NT is not their software but is a software that NT created or consulted with MBTrading. That was a surprise to me and made no sense. Can you clarify this? MBTrading said this is a common misconception with traders.

Anyhow, I really hope this is fixed in NT8 or maybe even in the NT 7 update or something.

I am just about 100% sure the problem lies with the coding of how FOREX prices are handled at the core of the NT platform and/or the MBTrading module addon popup program.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Also, would you please, please, please, escalate this to development so that they might be able to address and fix.

Thanks @Kyle

Greg

--- @koganam and @sledge or any other folks out there...do you guys have any ideas if there is a fix for this (I have not been able to for a long time with searching and my own investigations...I just think it is a core issue)...
            Last edited by birdog; 11-06-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses
            1 view