Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mandatory NinjaTrader Update

Got this mail from Mirus Futures and I was wondering if this is legit:

"Focused on providing unfiltered market data and low latency order routing, Zen-Fire has advanced the speed and reliability of trading solutions available for self-directed futures traders. To ensure its role in this leadership position, Zen-Fire continues to evolve through technology advancements.

With recent updates to the trading engine software to allow for expanded capabilities, you are required to update to the latest version of NinjaTrader (v17) through the link below.

Download NinjaTrader v17

After updating to the latest version, simply re-launch NinjaTrader and connect."

You know about this?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, we are aware of a change made recently to their system. Please contact your broker for further details regarding this information and they can offer full clarification.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

After installing this update, only one market is updated in real time. All the other markets I'm working with are frozen. Moreover, I can't place orders in these markets. Please help.

Comment

Hi,

Please double check all of your open workspaces for chart, market analyzers or other windows that may be reference the Continuous Contact data. You will need to ensure you have subscribed to the individual contract month.

For example if you have both the ES 12-13 and the ES ##-## contract open, you will only get market data for one which may not be the symbol you're trying to view in real-time. Shutting down the ES ##-## data will allow you to trade the ES 12-13 in real-time again.

If that does not help, please send us an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we may look into this futher.

Comment

I have nothing of that sort. I have only one contract open per market.

A few minutes ago I went short in my only functioning market and this is what happened:
          I got a fill where I wanted and I moved the stop order. Then I moved it again and it disappeared! I got some weird message from ZenFire, clicked Ok and closed the trade because I don't work without stop orders. Then the market reversed and to my dismay NT7 put me in a long position by itself(!) where my previous short-stop order was (before it disappeared)! This order was also without a stop loss so I closed it too. I just uninstalled, restarted and re-installed again. Other markets are still non-functional. I did not retry placing orders in live yet.

What do you want me to send you?
          Last edited by Yaron; 11-06-2013, 07:40 AM.

Comment

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference this thread in the body of the email.

If you cannot contact us from there, please manually attached your log and trace files.

Please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your most recent log and trace files, Attn: Matthew in the Subject line and a reference to this thread.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

* The log file will be named ‘log.YYYYMMDD.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

* The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’

Please attach both of these files to your next response. If these files are over 4MB, please let me know and I can respond with alternative instructions.

Comment

Sent it as requested.

Comment

Again!!!

It happened again!
                This time I just placed a short order and then tried to move it (once). I got the strange "rejected" message from ZenFire, I pressed Ok and the order vanished from the chart. Then the market turned and I got a short order filled where the vanished order was placed, WITHOUT A STOP ORDER!

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE
                I understand that this is a ZenFire issue but you guys at NT need to suspend them or something before some poor trader loses his/her account.

Tell me if you want the logs + traces.

Comment

Hi Yaron,

Yes, we will need the log and trace files to look into these errors further. Please send these to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'Attn Matthew' in the subject line.

Comment

When I got the email, I went to the normal ninjatrader upgrade page and you were still on v16. I thought it was a little strange to have to go through a "special" v17 link. But I did it.

Now I am noticing that my mirus connection is not showing its Cash Value in your Accounts tab like it normally does. I recreated the connection, but it's still not there. And now I see this thread about crazy orders. So... hmmm... maybe I will not place live trades in my mirus account until I see this resolved.

I don't use zen-fire to feed my charts but I did open many DOMs and it seems I do get live data on multiple markets, for what it's worth. I have glanced through my log and trace files and don't see any errors thus far.

Comment

Hi Richard,

The CashValue should show up on this version. Can you please send us your log and trace files so we can look into why it may not be?

Comment

Sure. I've sent them, with Attn Matthew in the subject line.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardTodd View Post
                          Now I am noticing that my mirus connection is not showing its Cash Value in your Accounts tab like it normally does. I recreated the connection, but it's still not there. And now I see this thread about crazy orders. So... hmmm... maybe I will not place live trades in my mirus account until I see this resolved.
                          Just in case someone else finds this thread I thought I'd post the resolution for my issue here:

It turns out that, after the mandatory upgrade, you won't get an account update (Cash Value) from mirus until you issue a live order. I normally would have found that out right away, except this thread made me scared to issue orders until my account look right! Thanks to Matthew for investigating the issue and helping me get past it. Ninjatrader support has always been very good when I've needed it.

I guess I'll just try to watch extra carefully for strange order behavior until I see the resolution to Yaron's issues. FWIW I've issued several trades today without incident.

Comment

Please tell us the resolution

Hi NT:

There are many traders very nervous about this v17 upgrade and the unique way it is being processed ie from Mirus and not an official NT update.

So to ally our fears could you please tell us the resolution to Yaron's issue especially the self creating orders.

Comment

Just an update: Mirus asked me to revert to NT V16.
                              This is how they resolved my issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Brevo
                              by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                              0 responses