Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers and Forex Spot trading

Hi,,

I'm a new Ninja Trader user and I have a question about how to configure Ninja Trader in order to set Interactive Brokers as my real data feed for the Forex Spot data. I have connected to my Interactive Brokers account with Ninja Trader, but when I access to the Instrument Manager window, I don't know how to access the different Forex symbols. How can I access the Forex symbols? Where may I get a Forex symbols instrument list?

Thank you in advance.
    Best regards,
    Carlos

What version of NinjaTrader are you using?

Help > About.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by carlos.suarez View Post
      Hi,,

I'm a new Ninja Trader user and I have a question about how to configure Ninja Trader in order to set Interactive Brokers as my real data feed for the Forex Spot data. I have connected to my Interactive Brokers account with Ninja Trader, but when I access to the Instrument Manager window, I don't know how to access the different Forex symbols. How can I access the Forex symbols? Where may I get a Forex symbols instrument list?

Thank you in advance.
      Best regards,
      Carlos
      i would like the spot forex data feed from interactive brokers to ninjatrader.
      how do i do it?

Comment

Hello makefortune,

You will need to connect to IB in NinjaTrader and select a forex instrument you like in the NinjaTrader window you like. There are many forex instruments setup by default in NinjaTrader. You can find them in the Instrument Manager. I suggest to add the forex instruments you like to use to the default instrument list so you can easily access them in other windows. Instructions can be found at the link below.

See the following link for the IB connection guide if you did not created an IB connection so far.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am trying to set up the spot forex in the instrument list but not familiar with the details eg. the exchange, the point value etc for the spot forex.
          I am able to connect to interactive brokers.
          If someone has already created the instrument list for
          AUD.USD, USD.JPY, GBP.USD. EUR.USD
          EUR.JPY, AUD.JPY, GBP.JPY, please let me know.

Comment

These instruments are already listed in the Instrument Manager. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager. Set Type to Forex and hit Search. You will now see all forex instruments available by default.

Highlight an instrument and click the arrow pointing to the left.

Comment

oh yes, i put in the . in between that is why i could not find.
              Could you advise how to add TLT, TBT to the instrument list.

Comment

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.

-From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
                -Press the "New" button
                -Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
                -Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
                -Press the "OK" button

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.

-Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
                -Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
                -Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
                -Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
                -You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by trilliantrader, 04-10-2024, 09:33 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post trilliantrader  
                Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes