NEW here, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW here, need help

If this is wrong spot to post this, i'm sorry, but I'm in need of some direction. I am not a trader, but want to learn. I realize this is quite a task, but I'm willing to learn how. I have a financial background in that I went to school for finance, and got a BSBA in finance. I also follow much of the financial news for years. I'm familiar with fundamentals, tech analysis, but not in practice, and just heard about algorithms and HFT (which is what I'm interested in learning).

So how does one even start. What to learn for HFT ing, what to learn for a background, and then how to really use these programs.

Any direction or advice is welcome, since I've already spend hours looking at this stuff and still very confused. Where is HFT 101, that's what I need to understand and would very much like to become part of your online community and learn what it takes to trade.

PS. So with HFT and algorithms, you also hear not so much about it, is it because most people are not using this strategy for trading yet, except the big boys on wall st?

Hello,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums!

While our support staff is unable to give you direct advice on such topics, we have education partners who are happy to help you:

We'll leave this thread open as other users may be able to share with you their experience or other possible resources to get you started.

Best of luck and please let us know if you have any NinjaTrader related inquiries!
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you for your help. I will take a look at these affiliates. Anyone here have preference for any? I'm mostly interested in options trading, and learning as much as I can to use on ninja platform to trade. Anyone have an affiliate they recommend or have used that would cater to this sort of learning/trading education and strategies?

Comment

Hi Johnny,

I do want to mention that Options are not currently supported in NinjaTrader at this time. You can use NinjaTrader to trade Futures, Forex and Equities.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes