Connection to broker not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection to broker not working?

I have established a connection between NT and Interactive Brokers.
    However, orders created on NT charts are not showing up at Interactive Brokers.
    With whom should I speak first about the problem, NT or Interactive Brokers?
    Any suggestions about what to do will be appreciated.

Hello joemiller,

Thank you for your post.

What account is selected on your Chart Trader? SIM101 or your Interactive Brokers account?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

It must be sim101, I think I saw that pop up somewhere one time, plus I have done nothing to change it. I don't see where to change it to IB. I have pawed around plus searched in the user's guide. please advise.

Comment

It must be sim101, I think I saw that pop up somewhere one time, plus I have done nothing to change it. I don't see where to change it to IB. I have pawed around plus searched in the user's guide. please advise.

Comment

I think I found it. on a chart I see sim101 in the right hand side trading panel. the field is muted. maybe that means orders are getting thru. I will run a test with IB.

Comment

nope it appears the market order did not get thru to interactive brokers.

Comment

Hello joemiller,

Thank you for your response.

The SIM101 account is an internal account in NinjaTrader, it doe snot communicate to your broker. You will need to go to the NinjaTrader Control Center > File > uncheck Global Simulation Mode > then select your Interactive Brokers account form the Account drop down menu on your order entry window (Chart Trader).

For information on Global Simulation Mode please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ation_mode.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

still no evidence of order receipt at interactive brokers. as expected, connection to IB occurred automatically. I received a couple of the usual IB messages to clients ... proof of connection I think.

note the muted global simulation mode field and the muted account dropdown field in the attachments. that may tell you something?
                Attached Files

Comment

the attachment shows that NT is using sim101?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello joemiller,

Thank you for your response.

Global Simulation Mode is enabled which means you are always set to SIM101 (this is not an Interactive Brokers account), this is also grayed out meaning you are using a free simulation license key.

To find your license key please go to Help > License Key. If it starts with an @ symbol it is a simulation license key. You will need a Live License Key to trade into a live account. You can view our purchase and lease options at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/purchase.php

If you have questions on purchasing or leasing NinjaTrader please send a note to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Stanfillirenfro  
                    Started by rexsole, Today, 08:39 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick