Cannot get market reply charts to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot get market reply charts to work

I am connect to market replay, I have the data when I check available data. Even the replay box shows the time moving but the chart doesn't move at all even though the chart is on the correct day. Help.

The only thing that comes to mind is... verify your session template is 24x7...

Originally posted by babba View Post
    I am connect to market replay, I have the data when I check available data. Even the replay box shows the time moving but the chart doesn't move at all even though the chart is on the correct day. Help.

Comment

Switched template to 24/7 and still doesn't move. Seems to be stuck at 2100 time of the start day. Tried several different start days and still stuck at 2100 of the start day I choose. ?????

Comment

Hello,

Which date and instrument are you attempting to play back? I recommend downloading a new copy of Level 1 and 2 data for this date/instrument.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am attempting to play back (crude oil) CL 12-13 contract. I am trying to playback charts from March and April though.

I downloaded playback data from the "market replay data downloader" site I found in one of the threads here. I do have third party indicators I don't know if that's a problem.

Every time I start market reply it connects and goes to any date at 2100 time and I can see the time moving on the replay box but the chart doesn't move.

I'm wondering if I play charts from say April that I need to switch the instrument to the May contract.

Let me know.

Thanks again.

Comment

In order to replay data for March you will need to download replay data for the contract traded at that time.

For example if you are attempting to replay data between 3/18/2013 and 4/18/2013 you would need to download data for CL 05-13 then select this expiry within your chart window when replaying.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sounds good. I will give this a try later today and let you know.

Thanks again

Comment

I was able to get it running on recent data recorded by the market recorder, but on downloaded data from the "market replay downloader" site it had the same problem.

I changed the contract date and checked the market replay to see if the data was available and it was but the chart still didn't move despite the time moving.

Do you have any ideas to help.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hello,

What results would you see with data downloaded from NinjaTrader's servers using the File > Utilities > Download Replay Data menu?

Comment

Went ahead and downloaded from the control center daily download and it works but there are a lot of 3 minute and 5 minute bars missing or partially there. One minute bars are worse.

Is this normal?

Comment

Hello,

Can you please provide more information about the date, instrument and time of the gaps which you see in the data files? I would need this type of detail to work to find the same gaps here.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                      0 responses