Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Executing trades using ATM strategy on normal order window (Not DOM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Executing trades using ATM strategy on normal order window (Not DOM)

Hi

I want to set my orders and be done, and using the Dynamic DOM can become a pain as its always jumping about in high volume periods so typing in my order and setting my ATM would be better for me.

So I have set my ATM strategies with my forex demo acc and just wondering if there is a way to put in pending orders with these strategies using a 'normal order window' I can manually type in the price, and NOT with the use of the DOM?

Lastly - I am based in Thailand, and so If I select DAY for my TIF option, will this ensure any open trades will automatically be closed at 17.00 Eastern time?

Thank you
    Attached Files

Hello reggiedonald,

Yes, you can use the FX Pro window. Please see the link below for more information.

Unfortunately, it will not allow you to type in the price. However if you click your middle mouse (scroll wheel) in the Price field, it will update to the current price. From there you can scroll to the price you like.

'Day' orders will be cancelled automatically at the end of the trading session. This means any active orders will be cancelled. It does not mean open positions will be closed.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply

Is there anyway of automatically closing out the trades before session end 17.00 without having to manually do so?

thanks again

Comment

Yes, you can use the 'Flatten positions' setting at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab. Enter the time of the session end as per your PC clock. Subsequently right click in the SuperDOM and enable 'Close At Time'. More information can be found at the link below.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post lorem
        by lorem

Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
        0 responses