Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Are no fills on limit orders for 8+seconds normal when price matches order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are no fills on limit orders for 8+seconds normal when price matches order?

Hellp! Please let me know. Any help would be much appreciated from the NT world out there. Im curious to see and learn about fill times and comp systems etc for optimal performance. [(NOTEBOOK) GATEWAY MT6451 AMD TURION(TM) 64X2 MOBILE TECHNOLOGY TL-50 1.60 GHZ 894 MB RAM 32 BIT OPER. SYSTEM with 46.4 gb free of 101 gb on local disk c].

1) Does the broker matter as far as execution speed or successful fills???

I have a couple custom indicators and some stock indicators running now and NT seems sluggish. My indicators are a couple of tro's re-released here for nt.
    Im running 4 charts and the dyn sup dom on my laptop.

2)Is it possible that my system is struggling due to the heavy load after reviewing my systemproperties above?

Here is my concern, maybe you can help me... I went through the steps to make my comp as fast and effiicient as poss ie minimal startup programs etc so i just have to deal with what i have i suppose until i get a faster comp and a couple more monitors desperately needed, but my main concern is order processing. i have put in limit orders a few times and as price comes down to the limit order it has of course bounced off and reversed several times without fills, but is it due to my computer processing speed at all or the nt program for price to come down and match the limit order and sit there for (without exxageration) 8-10 seconds without a fill before backing away from my order on a reversal and retracing leaving me behind. It is during obvious heavy popular order periods usually at pivots etc. but is stalling at my limit order 8-10 full seconds without a fill possible sometimes regardless of computer speed or broker?? When it goes through my limit order and continues in the same direction im filled immediately, but on a reversal it sits for multiple looonnngggg seconds at my limit order with lots of action but no fill and then retraces leaving me in the dust ps i understand chases if touched etc. just wanted to get filled at the limit within much faster time.Am I just reduced here to chasing or stop limit orders?
    More info...
    NT with zenfire version 6.5.0.8 through http://www.proactivefutures.com
    NET Version: 2.0.50727.312
    > Expiration: 12/30/2099
    > Licensed features: AdvancedStrategyManagement
    > AutomatedTrading
    > BasicEntry
    > Charting
    > DataConnection
    > SuperDom
    > Licensed providers: Collective2
    > IQFeed
    > ESignal

All of my limit orders have to go one tick past, sim or live so I doubt it's your computer. Stops are instant. There's a lot of pro's around here, I am not one of them, so take it for what it's worth. I would think that if you are running all three of those data feeds it would slow you way down. Also if you're not running it get beta.10, much faster.

Comment

I would think your PC would need more RAM, since delays like this usually are an indication of a a lack of RAM.

Comment

So, a computer that has lower RAM can affect the order placement speed?

I know we are talking milliseconds here but is there a limit as to what a good solid system would be for a scalp trader using NT with Zenfire. A short answer with a brief explanantion and some specs would be greatly appreciated. I would like to use 17 in monitors also so I can leave charts static and nicely sized so this will have to be considered correct? How about an independent system just for the dom and order placement? Would this make enough difference to help with fills or is that a little much. Thanks so much for all who have been so kind to answer my questions.

Comment

Comment

894mb is too light on ram!

Got it thx. Im running 894 mb ram w vista and nt calls for 2gb ram with vista, so i guess this would explain the sluggish performance and lockups correct?

Comment

Yes, likely

Comment

I have a friend here locally that's running NinjaTrader 6.0 on a Vista machine, and she also was getting "sluggish performance and lockups", and we just installed an extra gigabyte of memory in her machine, bringing it from 2GB up to a total of 3GB and it now seems to be running lots better, and NinjaTrader starts up faster. (Not bad for a $20 investment.)

Keep in mind that for a 32-bit Vista operating system, you can only use about 3 1/4 GB of memory (in spite of the 4GB address space) since the BIOS, etc eats up about 3/4 GB of address space.

This is why we only went to 3GB. We had tried to go to 4GB, but when we installed the memory stick, we found that Vista only recognized about 256MB out of the 1024MB (12024MB=1GB) for that last of the 4 memory sticks, so we pulled it back out, considering it not worth it... we'll use that extra 1GB memory stick in one of our other machines.

Since she has a 64-bit AMD CPU, I'd think it would be possible to upgrade to the 64-bit version of Vista if we were really desperate to use another full 1GB of memory, but I'm not sure how to do this upgrade process.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that info. Please keep in mind that 64 bit windows is not supported yet. It may or may not work (works for some but not all). NT7 will have full 64bit windows support.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post love2code2trade  
                  Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post funk10101