Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy and connection management

Hi all!
    I use ninja with zenfire, frequently during the weekend the connection on datafeed fall (maybe for server maintenance).
    After this, the connection don't restore itself and if I restore it manually my strategies lose control on eventually orders...
    There is a method to do this automatically???
    Thanks for all!!

Hello kantkant2,

I would not rely on a method to do this automatically for you but you should be able to change some settings so that NinjaTrader will enable your strategy and submit orders for you like the strategy was processing it before.

If you have set NinjaTrader to "Immediately submit live working historical orders" (under Tools -> Options -> Strategy tab -> NinjaScript tab) then on startup the strategy will begin executing orders immediately.

• Any active orders on the account previously generated by the strategy that does not match* an active strategy order will be cancelled. Should the strategy be unable to cancel and receive confirmation on the cancellation of these orders within 40 seconds the strategy will not start and an alert will be issued.
    • The matching active orders on the account will then be mapped to the active strategy orders
    • Any remaining active strategy orders that cannot be successfully paired will be submitted live and the strategy will begin managing your Strategy Position assuming your Account Position is in sync with it.

* A previously generated order is considered to match an active strategy order when the order action, order type, quantity, limit price, and stop price are exactly identical.

Here is a link to our Help Guide that goes over the different Syncing Account Position settings that you may view for more information.

Let us know if this will work for you.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

many many thanks JC!!

and there are options to reconnect zenfire automatically after shut down?? because in weekend time frequently the bar of connection became orange (if I remember well) and the log say:

"Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
      and I must to disconnect and reconnect manually.
      thanks

Comment

Hello kantkant2,

You will still need to manually disconnect and reconnect to Zen-Fire, but changing these settings will help your strategy remained synced to your account position when you re-enable your automated strategy. By default NinjaTrader is set to "Wait until flat before executing live" which is going cancel any orders that your strategy previously generated.

Happy to be of further assistance.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post elderan
        by elderan

Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM