Exit on Close occuring when set to false

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exit on Close occuring when set to false

Hello, I am currently running some optimization tests on a strategy of mine that is utilizing unmanaged trading. Inside the strategy I have ExitOnClose = false and I have the option inside of Order Handling also set to false. It runs great all the way up until the last trading day of the test, where on that day it exits out on the close. Of course I do not want the system to do this and would prefer to stay long/short in my various stocks at the end of the test and look at my profits for different variable inputs. Is there any way to stop the test from exiting on close on this last trading day? Thanks in advance.

Hi Vjsworld,

Thank you for your post.

This is a feature with the strategy analyzer, it is designed this way so that it can track the last trade for the performance report.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by vjsworld View Post
      Hello, I am currently running some optimization tests on a strategy of mine that is utilizing unmanaged trading. Inside the strategy I have ExitOnClose = false and I have the option inside of Order Handling also set to false. It runs great all the way up until the last trading day of the test, where on that day it exits out on the close. Of course I do not want the system to do this and would prefer to stay long/short in my various stocks at the end of the test and look at my profits for different variable inputs. Is there any way to stop the test from exiting on close on this last trading day? Thanks in advance.
      It seems to me that the code is doing exactly as programmed. It is not exiting on Close evidently, as you say that it runs through the entire test all the way to the last day. The code is exiting on "End of Test run", and it would seem that NT gave us no real way to leave a test run open. Bummer. I can see how that could be useful.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post elirion
      by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes