Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ALERT - Vanishing Floating Order Filled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALERT - Vanishing Floating Order Filled!

Hi All,

I am writing this thread to alert you with a serious bug that first popped-up after the latest Zen-Fire mandatory update. There is an issue were if an order you place on the chart (floating order) is rejected by Zen-Fire, the order vanishes as if it was canceled but then is filled if the market reached the place were the rejected order was placed! Not only that but the order is filled WITHOUT A STOP ORDER even if you had one within the strategy you used.

First time it happened after I moved a stop order, the second time happened after I moved a floating order that was not yet filled.

So Basically you can place an order, get rejected by Zen-Fire, nothing is on the screen and then the order is filled if the market reached it, without a stop. If you were wrong in your analysis and this is a losing trade, there is nothing to stop it unless you are in front of the screen. You could lose your account this way, especially if you are trading a volatile market / large number of contracts.

This is a link to the original thread:

BE CAREFUL!

Hi Yaron,

There are risks involved with any technology and we are continually working all of our technology partners to improve on services as new functionality and exchange access is added.

Please do send in your log and trace files as I requested so we can send in any developments to the individuals involved in improving these technologies.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew,

There are no questions that there are risks involved in new tech and trading as a whole.
      I'm not complaining, I'm alerting other traders to an issue that I think can affect them.
      I know you are doing your best.

Logs + Traces sent to you.

Cheers
      Last edited by Yaron; 11-13-2013, 07:50 AM.

Comment

We appreciate it Yaron, your logs and traces are being reviewed.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes