Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT and Collective2

Morning Friends,

I'm working with a client and we're setting up his NT to trade into Collective2. I've followed the instructions in the help and connectivity guide, but he is using the FREE version of NT still (while testing). I'm curious if the connect to C2 will work in the FREE version of NT or not?? I've told him I doubt it?

Can someone please confirm this for me? Thanks.

Hello Bmatheny,

Thank you for your post.

You are correct - your client will be not able to connect to Collective 2 with the free, simulation version of NinjaTrader. To route trades through Collective 2, they will need to upgrade to a live license key. I'm including links to our purchase and lease pages, which you can direct them to when they are ready to trade live.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.
    Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

new question

Thanks for all your previous help, but I have a new question regarding C2 and NT.

My client purchased NT and I'm trying to get it setup, but I keep getting an error message saying "Email or Password invalid - must restart NinjaTrader".

I've checked the C2 system ID (#) and the password (BTW, the PW includes a $ symbol). I can't figure out why NT is rejecting this and I can't figure out where the EMAIL ISSUE comes from as I don't see anything about setting up an email address?

Can you please help??

Is the $ causing a problem?

What's the deal with the EMAIL error message??

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I figured it out. I had multiple account group associations that were in error. That was what was causing my problems. Once I deleted all of them and entered ONE CORRECT ONE, it works.

Thanks

Comment

OK. Now I have a critical issue that I can't figure out.

A. It appears the NT and C2 are not PAIRED as I would have expected. I'm running my code on a dedicated server and the orders are firing into NT without any issues. This system is running 24/7. Thus, NT is accurate and positions are proper in 99% of the cases. But, the connection to C2 appears to DROP for some unknown reason.

B. I've checked the account groups and have verified they are setup correctly.

C. The only solution I seem to have found is to shut down NT, reinitiate the data connection and start over from a FLAT position when it screws up.

My client is relying on NT to properly communicate to C2. I don't know what to tell him as I know NT is stable and working, but I don't know anything about the C2 connection within NT.

Are there any tricks or tips I need to know when using this feature? If not.. HELP?? Why does NT drop the connection and not maintain the accurate trading signals into C2?

Comment

Hello Bmatheny,

When your signals do not go through to Collective2, do you also lose your incoming data connection (do charts/SuperDOM windows stop receiving incoming price data)?

Please send me your most current log and trace files in an email to Support [at] NinjaTrader [dot] com and reference ticket #953306, so I may investigate this matter further.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20131213.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20131213.txt"
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_TylerG; 12-13-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Support Email Sent with all Trade and Log files.

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply. I have further questions though.

With regards to the following statement.. Why would NT have issues communicating to the C2 servers when they are active 24/7 and how do I catch this issue (besides the popup window)??

"NinjaTrader will attempt to resubmit queued orders 5 times over a 2.5 minute period, if this threshold is breached, a notification window will pop up and inform you of all orders that have not been submitted and prompt you to synchronize your Collective2 account via their web interface. Further Collective2 communication will cease until NinjaTrader is restarted."

In other words, it's nice to know what is causing the issue, but my question is really about HOW TO AVOID THIS ISSUE? Which leads me to the question "why would NT not be able to communicate an order to their servers?" Is this an issue with NT or C2 or both?

Comment

Hello Bmatheny,

Since NinjaTrader submitted the signals to Collective2, it was not the cause of this issue. We have not received any reports of Collective2's servers being down from other users. You can contact Collective2 to verify that they did not have any outages at the time you placed this order. If Collective2 did not have an outage, then another factor caused the interruption in your connection to Collective2.

Your issue is likely being caused by anti-virus or firewall software on your computer interfering with your connection to Collective2, or by a connectivity issue between your computer and the Collective2 servers, which is outside of your control. Looking through your log and trace files, I did not see this behavior occur at any other point. Since this has only occurred once, I would not anticipate it being a frequent issue.

The best thing you can do to prevent this from occuring is to make sure you have added NinjaTrader to the safe programs/exceptions list for your anti-virus and firewall software. If you continue to experience this issue, please send an email to Support [at] NinjaTrader [dot] com, and we will be happy to investigate further.

Comment

Forex Symbol Map for Collective2

In the Instrument Manager > Misc tab the Symbol map field for Collective2 is empty. What is the format?

Comment

Hello retrofx,

I recommend reading the Collective 2 section of our help guide. This contains important information you need to know about enabling instruments for use with Collective 2.

Additionally, I am including a link to the Collective 2 symbols list, to help you find the proper symbol for the instrument you are trying to configure:

http://www.collective2.com/symbology_fu..

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

Comment

Lot Size for C2 and Forex

The C2 site says to use i.e. 1 in NinjaTrader to trade 1 lot. However, when I trade in NinjaTrader and input 1,000 it trades a micro lot - 1,000 units, not 1,000 lots. When I try to make a trade in NT, C2 reports an error that I need $300,000 margin to trade this micro lot. I changed the multiplier in NT to .001, still no luck.

Comment

Hello retrofx,

Most Forex Connections will use the standard lot sizing of 0.1M, which is automatically set in NinjaTrader. If the lot sizing is different for your Collective2 account, you will want to use the sizes specified by Collective2.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

Comment

Thank you Tyler. As it turned out I had to input .001 as the multiplier in NT in order for it to trade 1000 units in my live account, and 10,000 in my Collective2.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post PaulMohn  
                            Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
                            9 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post f.saeidi