Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Gateway

Hello,

It's possible to connect to IB through IB Gateway instead of TWS?

Hello guillembm,

Please note that IB Gateway is not officially supported with NinjaTrader 7, however some of our clients have successfully connected NinjaTrader with IB Gateway. You can refer to this YouTube video to know more.
    This video show how to connect NinjaTrader with Interactive Brokers Gateway, something which is not supposed to be possible.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TWSStart

I use TWSstart:

How to connect NinjaTrader 7 with IB Gateway using TWSStart (http://twsstart.free.fr/)

Comment

Originally posted by mich58 View Post
        Not sure if it is safe to use software. Getting message from my Antivirus - "Bitdefender blocked this page
        This page is blocked by Bitdefender Cloud protection"

Dear Ninja Trader Support: When are you going to support IG Gateway officially?!
        Last edited by pranas; 02-14-2014, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Dear NT Support representatives:
          It is already 2014. Do you have agenda for IB Gateway support?!

Comment

It would take one of your programmers such little time to support Gateway without a third-party workaround that I don't trust, or some multi-step process. There's no need to change anything drastic, NT and gateway work fine once connected, it's just the startup and getting connected that needs addressing.

Given the interest from your users, why can't you guys throw a few hours at this?

Comment

Looks like community support may be sufficient.
              The only annoyance is IB side of required GUI. Otherwise could be possible to create Linux/Windows service ...

The configuration I've just tested:
              My IB Gateway set-up on Windows Server:
              Shortcut with
              Start program: C:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe -cp jts.jar;total.2012.jar -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dswing.boldMetal=false -Dsun.locale.formatasdefault=true -Xmx1024M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M ibgateway.GWClient C:\Jts
              Start in: C:\Jts

NT7:
              Need to specify IP address of your server/computer in Tools > Account Connections > Create IB Gateway > Host Optional
              Make sure port number is the same as IB Gateway Configure > Settings > API > Settings > Socket port
              Don't forget adding 127.0.0.1, ::1, and your server/computer local IP address to the Trusted IP addresses on IB Gateway.

To get local IP address of you computer:
              Start (button) > cmd (type in Search programs of files) > ipconfig (just type command and hit enter)

Note: IB Gateway (TWS standalone installation) & NT are newest stable releases.

Comment

Pranas Thanks a lot for this info.

The steps described by Pranas allow Ninja to connect to IB via gateway without any 3rd party addons.

My missing parts were entering computer IP address into Ninja IB connection Host field and also entering it in IB Gateway API allowed IPs.

I had 127.0.0.1 in both, and it did not work.

Cheers,
                redduke

Comment

For communication between IB Gateway and NT7 use IP address associated with your network card (different to 127.0.0.1). ipconfig command can help you to retrieve it.

It is some NT7 deficiency in attempting to start of IB TWS (instead of IB Gateway) if sees 127.0.0.1

Warning: The IP address should be static, otherwise connectivity may be broken once IP address of you network card changes.

All of this above is just work around for current NT implementation. The NT implementation would enable to choose IB Gateway or IB TWS to use and support both as required by typical users

Originally posted by RedDuke View Post
                  Pranas Thanks a lot for this info.

The steps described by Pranas allow Ninja to connect to IB via gateway without any 3rd party addons.

My missing parts were entering computer IP address into Ninja IB connection Host field and also entering it in IB Gateway API allowed IPs.

I had 127.0.0.1 in both, and it did not work.

Cheers,
                  redduke

Comment

Finally I found a trick to connect to IB through IB Gateway without 3rd party software. Follow these steps:
                    I use an IB advisor account. So, I have a master and client account.

1.- Log through TWS with your master account.
                    2.- Configure a Ninja connection to port 4001.
                    3.- Log on IB Gateway using your client account. Check that port is set to 4001.
                    4.- Connect with Ninja to IB gateway to your client account.

Done. For me it works. It seems that to connect to IB Gateway ninja wants you to be previously connected to another account into TWS.

After this you can logout from TWS.

Comment

Yes, it does work. We have been running live ATS for some time now. The missing link for us was entering our workstation IP address into IB gateway config trusted addresses.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                      Started by Conceptzx, 10-11-2022, 06:38 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_SeanH