Linking Chart Traders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking Chart Traders

I manage multiple charts on each instruments and prefer to use the Chart Trader Feature.

I would like to know if its possible to Link ALL Chart Traders on a specific instrument so if I choose an ATM or change # of Contracts it will automatically do it on ALL Charts....

I have had situations where I placed a trade thinking it was SIM and it was LIVE....... I dont usually have the chart trader open... just the chart and right click to enter a trade

If this is not available PLEASE ADD to list of suggestions for Future Release

Hello, and thank you for your post.

It is possible to link windows in NinjaTrader, so that when you change the instrument in use on one window, linked windows switch to the same instrument automatically.

To do this, in your chart window, go to the "L" button in the title bar, to the left of the Minimize and Maximize buttons. Click on this button and choose a color. Repeat this step for each chart you want linked, using the same color for each.

For more information on window linking, see our help guide article:

Note that window linking will not change order quantity or the ATM strategy in use. At the moment there is no functionality in NinjaTrader to change ATM strategy or order quantity automatically on multiple charts. I will submit this feature suggestion to our development team to consider for inclusion in future releases of NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.
    Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Tyler,

I have 6 charts of different types in my workspace, and often I want to go back to have a look at a particular time or date historically, looking at all charts involved, not just one.

This chart linking would be great if it applied to the End Date of the charts as well - my quick experiment showed that it doesn't.

Is there any way I can do that? Native Ninja or third party?

Comment

Hello adamus,

The window linking feature will not accomplish this, however, you can use the Global Cross hair to scroll multiple charts to the same time and price point.

You will want to have the Global Cross hair enabled on both charts to be able to match the time and price on each charting window with your cursor. This can be set in the cursor menu on the chart toolbar (7th button from the right). Additionally, make sure each of your charts has "Global cross hair time axis scrolling" set to true in the Properties window (accessed by right clicking in the chart and selecting "Properties").

Here is a link to our Help Guide for more information and a video tutorial on using the Global Cross Hair:

Thank you for your suggestion on how to improve the window linking feature in NinjaTrader. I have submitted this suggestion to our development team, and it will be considered for inclusion in a future NinjaTrader release.
        Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
        0 responses