Dashed Horizontal Line on Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dashed Horizontal Line on Chart

Is there any way to change the dash style frequency on the chart in ninjatrader for each line individually? I draw horizontal lines that mean different things based on color and dashed line in TOS. In ninjatrader, its almost impossible to tell if the line is dashed or solid. thanks

Hello habibalex,

Thanks for writing in.

There is not a setting to change the frequency however if you enlarge the width it is much easier to see the dashes.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think ninja should change the default dash / dotted interval to something bigger by default. Should be a simple change in the code.

Also, when I am using the non default instrument list, how do i change between contracts w/ the drop down menu? Right now I have to open a new chart window every time I want to see a contract not in the default list.

Is it possible to attach the drop down list in a chart to an instrument list?

Comment

Hello habibalex,

Thanks for your reply.

I will send this request to development to take into consideration.

It is not possible to have instruments/list in the Instrument drop down menu other than the Defalut Instrument list
        This is another feature however that development is taking into consideration for NinjaTrader 8.
        What you can do however is select your chart and start typing what instrument you want to change to
        Then when you press enter your chart will change the instruments.
        Below I have provided a link to the How to change a Data Series section of our help guide.

Comment

When I try to change charts using the method you described it adds the chart to the current chart. There is no way to replace the chart.

For example, I have a chart of AAPL open. I go to data series, and then type FB in to the text box right below the Data Series title. I press enter and it adds the FB (1 min) chart below the AAPL chart. How do I change to the FB chart?

Comment

Hello habibalex,

Thanks for your reply.

You do not need to right click on your chart and go to the data series, simple start typing on your chart.
            See the video below.
            Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brandon; 11-19-2013, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes