Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

candlestick pattern on daily chart

Hi all!
    sorry, I'm new to programming, there is a way to test on intraday strategy a candlestick filter based on a daily data(example indicator candlestickpattern inside ninja) and collect the result for every single pattern on backtest? I hope to be clear.....
    thanks

Hello kantkant2,

I believe you are wanting to use load the "CandleStickPartern" Indicator on a Daily Time Frame when you are using an Intraday time as your main series, am I correct?

If so, it would be possible to do with a Multi-Time Series script (adding a Daily Time Frame to your Strategy). We have a sample strategy that you may view that adds multiple time frames for reference by going to the Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Strategy -> SampleMultiTimeFrame strategy.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for or if you have any questions.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
      Hello kantkant2,

I believe you are wanting to use load the "CandleStickPartern" Indicator on a Daily Time Frame when you are using an Intraday time as your main series, am I correct?

If so, it would be possible to do with a Multi-Time Series script (adding a Daily Time Frame to your Strategy). We have a sample strategy that you may view that adds multiple time frames for reference by going to the Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Strategy -> SampleMultiTimeFrame strategy.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for or if you have any questions.
      yes correct.
      I know how using multi time series, but my question is, how can I use a basket of pattern (like candlestickpattern indicator) in intraday strategy and automatically test and collect the result of every single pattern in the same strategy and with 1 test only??
      Example, I have a system of a moving average on 5 minute and I want to see separately how it works if previous day was a doji or hanging man or harami... Thanks!!

Comment

Hello kantkant2,

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, it is possible to do this. The supported way would be to define "CandleStickPattern" for each ChartPattern (Doji, Hangman, etc..), but if you want to do this inside of a loop you would have to use some unsupported code. Here is an example that you may try to use to do what you are looking for.

Code:
        int tempTrendStrengh = 5;

var values = Enum.GetValues(typeof(ChartPattern));

foreach( ChartPattern candlePattern in values )
        {
        		Print("ChartPattern: "+candlePattern.ToString());

// Do your calculations
        		Print("CandleStickPattern: "+CandleStickPattern(candlePattern, tempTrendStrengh)[0]);
        }
        Note that looping through all of these items can use up a lot of CPU power so call it sparingly.

Comment

DOJI the candlestick Indicator pattern is so confusing, espescially the DOJI, can the programmer put the DOJI pattern up on the ticker symbol when it is going down , and below the ticker symbol when it is going up. Right now it is putting the DOJI pattern wherever the program want to put it

Comment

Hello Rene6985,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

I am not following you on what you are looking for. The Doji, is basically looking to see if the Close is going to be the same as the Open price.

If you are looking to do something particular I can try to help guide you in the right direction if you can give me an example that you are looking for.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post chbruno
            by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
            6 responses