Multiple order ATM strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple order ATM strategy

Is it possible to create an ATM strategy that enters multiple orders at the same time? for example, what if i wanted an ATM strategy that enters a long order above the price by 4 ticks and a short order below the price by 4 ticks.

any help on this?

thx
    EAG

You can use the OCO function to have an order pending long and short with stratgies attached.

How to create a Breakout Entry

1. Before entering the first order, right click in the SuperDOM and select OCO order to turn it on
    2. Next, select the strategy template you want to use in the strategy selection box
    3. Place the first order in the buy column (use either a Stop-Limit, or a Stop-Market order type)
    4. Next, you need to re-select a strategy template for the second order, if you do not NT thinks you are trying to add to the order you just created and you will get an error message.
    5. Place the second order in the sell column (use either a Stop-Limit, or a Stop-Market order type) 6. Next, right click in the SuperDOM and select OCO order to turn it off

Now you will have two pending strategy orders in the market and if one get hits, the strategy will initiate and the second order will automatically be cancelled.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jessica,

I guess my real question is, is there a way to create an ATM strategy that lets you do what you just described (a short order with target and stop, and a long order with target and stop) with only one click. In other words, these parameters are set and you click on the dom and both order are placed at once.

Possible?

EAG

Comment

This is not supported at this time, but I will forward your request for possible future enhancements.

Comment

Thank you. Yes please do. Ideally, i would like to:

1. Place a long and short order at the same time with one click, and,

2. Be able to place as SLM orders with a defined number of ticks from the current price.

thanks.

EAg

Comment

Thank you for the clarification, and enjoy the rest of your day.

Comment

I like this idea.

I think the way you can do this is to do the OCO on two different charts or DOM's.

For instance I have an ATM strategy that I want to go long and short in at the same time from the same entry price.

I would look for a breakout point on the chart. I would enter the long and short side of the OCO on one chart 5 ticks above and 5 ticks below the break out price.

On the second chart or DOM I would enter the exact same OCO at the exact same tick prices, EXCEPT that this time I will enter the short order above the breakout level and the long order below the breakout level. This is the exact opposite arrangement than the first OCO on the first chart explained above.

long - short (same tick price)

Break out level price

short - long (same tick price)

It looks kind of like that. The NT system doesn't have the capacity to enter opposites in ATM strategies at the same time with one click. The point of it is because the price moves around so fast that you can't manually enter both in at the breakout point with them both entered on the same ticker price. This dual OCO method allows a wait and ambush tactic rather than an enter and strike first method which can turn out badly.

I don't know if anyone can use exactly what I'm describing, but maybe it can influence what you are trying to do somehow in your own private improvisations.

Feed back is appreciated. Thanks, traders.

Comment

Originally posted by OathMark1 View Post
                This dual OCO method allows a wait and ambush tactic rather than an enter and strike first method which can turn out badly.

I don't know if anyone can use exactly what I'm describing, but maybe it can influence what you are trying to do somehow in your own private improvisations.

Feed back is appreciated. Thanks, traders.
                I'm not sure this is NT's issue.

Your broker controls your position.

If you enter a position and sell a contract to yourself - you are still even....

Comment

Well, on the surface you're right. But it's sort of statistics the thing the concept I'm trading on instead of just 1-1=0 simple math.

I'm using reverse on the stop and profit target tool on both long and short sides. I'm trying to solve for the ambiguity of the market direction, so that when direction is finally settled on, the losses don't exist, or they aren't much at all.

This can be used at the technical levels on the chart, but I'm really just using this on the market open. I never know which way the market will take on the open, but I want a piece of that first move of the day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post marcus2300