Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Esignal Data Problem

Hi

I have two questions firstly how can I change my user name so its not my email address. I have tried registering again but I get told that the email address is already in use. Please advise.

Also I'm currently using esignal as my data provider into Ninja for stocks, Australian and the US. A lot of time the data manager from esignal shows its up to date but ninja is missing the last bar or sometimes before the open and after close is showing an additional bar that hasn't occurred yet.

I'm subscribed to real time data and I'm using Ninja 7

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Hello David,

Thank you for your post.

1) Can you send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and refer to this post. Include in this email the email address you signed up with for the forum and the username you would like to use. I will then pass it on to our moderator and ask if he can update your records when he comes in later today.

2) What Session template are you using for your chart? Can you check in the Data Series window of the chart and change it to 'Default 24/7'.

Let me know if this corrects your issue.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

esignal data issue

Hi Vince,

Thanks for your help, username updated.

However still having trouble with esignal data feeding into Ninja Trader. I have changed the session template to 24/7 in the data series window from the chart.

I'm still not getting the last bar showing or sometimes a new bar that doesn't exist?

Is there anything else that could be causing this issue?

Comment

Hello,

Which instrument are you attempting to access data for?

If the same instrument is selected in the Orders tab of the Control Center window do you see updates to bid, ask and last price or is 'n/a' reported in these fields?
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm accessing Australian stocks

The bid and offer does show up in the control center order management tab when I input the symbol there but it doesn't change as the quotes change

I have tried changing the exchange to ASX from default in the order tab and on the chart but this does not help either.

Is there anything else that could be causing this problem?

Comment

Hello,

Please provide specific examples of stocks that you have attempted to access as I need to try testing using a setup as close to yours as is possible.

Comment

Esignal data issue

Sounds like I'm having the exact same issue. It seems to be US equities only(missing eod data for the 26th Nov) . I'm able to get other markets ok including ASX, CME futures. I've tried restarting NT7, reloading historical data and changing the session template. If I load the esignal platform the data comes through ok (esignal support had me do this and then they told me to contact Ninja support). A symbol I have been testing is NFLX.

Comment

Hello ahagger,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Which timezone does your PC use?
                2.) Which bar interval is used in your NFLX chart?
                3.) What is the date and time of the last available bar in the chart?
                4.) If you select NFLX in the Orders tab of the Control Center window do you see updates to bid, ask and last price or is 'n/a' shown?

Comment

sorry forgot to mention I am just running the esignal On-Demand service (15min delayed data) other symbols include AAPL, AIG, GILD

Comment

1.) Which timezone does your PC use?
                    PC is a VPS Windows Server 2003 and uses US pacific time
                    2.) Which bar interval is used in your NFLX chart?
                    Daily
                    3.) What is the date and time of the last available bar in the chart?
                    For US equities 25/11/2013 13:00
                    4.) If you select NFLX in the Orders tab of the Control Center window do you see updates to bid, ask and last price or is 'n/a' shown?
                    Running the delayed 15min data feed the last is showing as N/A however there are bid/ask values of 355.25/355.60.

Comment

I am only interested in the end of day data (Kinetic don't provide ASX data) so I don't care about the 15 min updates which I gathered didn't work proper;y

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately, delayed data from eSignal on Demand accounts is not supported in the current version of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, regardless of the interval of data which you request, all eSignal on Demand accounts are unsupported within NinjaTrader at this time.

Comment

Apart from Kinetic (No ASX) and Yahoo (unreliable) are there any other end of day data providers that you do support

Comment

Hello,

The only other EOD data service which NinjaTrader supports is Google however I do not know whether they offer ASX data.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Google.
                              Click here to take me to the Google Connection Guide

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by StrongLikeBull, Yesterday, 04:05 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes