Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy wizard crashes on "Add" Condition

Hi,

I've got a really nasty problem with the Condition Builder in Strategy Wizard. No matter what I do, always when I click on "Add" button in the condition builder to add a condition NT crashes and needs to be shut down "hardly", no matter if I Add on Tab 1 ("Set 1") or any other sets-Tab. The 2nd "Add" button for adding an action if the condition is true works -> the subwindow opens to define the action.

I'm on Win7 64 bit, I already tried to reinstall Ninjatrader, I switched off NET3.5 in the Win7-built-in Windows Software control menu (in Win7 NET3.5 is built in already, no need to download and install, what I also tried but was not working because it is built in) and then switched it on again (reinstalling NET3.5) BEFORE installing Ninjatrader most update version from your homepage. Doesn't help.

This is written on the Windows-Crash-Window for "Problem Details":

Beschreibung:
    Stopped working

Problemsignatur:
    Problemereignisname: CLR20r3
    Problemsignatur 01: ninjatrader.exe
    Problemsignatur 02: 7.0.1000.16
    Problemsignatur 03: 524e545d
    Problemsignatur 04: 913485205d2d45509ddc2bab17b94156
    Problemsignatur 05: 7.0.1000.16
    Problemsignatur 06: 528d18ad
    Problemsignatur 07: bd8
    Problemsignatur 08: 0
    Problemsignatur 09: System.StackOverflowException
    Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Gebietsschema-ID: 3079

There might be a problem problem with the file MySql.Data.dll -> trace (pink beyond) is in german so I translate: ".dll or one of its dependents was not found. The assembly is built by a runtime which is newer than the runtime currently loaded and it cannot be loaded."
    -> I looked up that dll file, it is in the correct folder.
    Further down there is a warning that the log for Assemblybonding is turned off -> I looked up the Registry. The key was not there, so I created it. Subsequently the trace log becomes shorter and the error is not logged any more (see logs starting from 22:26). The problem with the Add-Button stays...

PLEASE HELP, it's driving me nuts!!!!

THX, koalboy

THIS is what Trace-file logged (txt is attached also)...

2013-11-20 22:24:38:374 Code.Editor.OnLoad: Failed to reference 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Connector Net 6.4.3\Assemblies\v4.0\MySql.Data.dll':
    System.BadImageFormatException: Die Datei oder Assembly "file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Connector Net 6.4.3\Assemblies\v4.0\MySql.Data.dll" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Die Assembly wird von einer Laufzeit erstellt, die aktueller als die derzeit geladene Laufzeit ist, und kann nicht geladen werden.
    Dateiname: "file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Connector Net 6.4.3\Assemblies\v4.0\MySql.Data.dll"

WRN: Protokollierung der Assemblybindung ist AUS.
    Sie können die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler aktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) auf 1 festlegen.
    Hinweis: Die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler führt zu einer gewissen Leistungseinbuße.
    Sie können dieses Feature deaktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] entfernen.
    Attached Files

Hi koalboy,

Thanks for your post.

Please try re-installing SQL Compact.
    • Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
    • Add and remove software/programs
    • Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
    • Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: Download Here
    • Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
    • This will extract another installer that will also need to be extracted to a temporary directory
    • Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
    • SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
    • SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
    • Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
    • Once installed you will need to restart your PC

Let me know if this does not correct the issue.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

no luck down that road. updated trace attached. problem persists.

I think it won't matter if I installed SSCERuntime_x86-DEU.msi and x64-DEU and not "ENU" files as the difference might be only in the language?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi koalboy,

Thank you for letting me know that did not correct the issue. I would like to schedule a call with you.

Please send me an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

In the email please write Attn: Chelsea #957665 and include a link to this forum.

I look forward to receiving your email.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

For anyone who might come across similar problems:
          in the end it turned out that there were probably too many custom indicators in the indicator folder (I already had 184 custom indicator codes scripts in the folder...)
          We just moved them all into a seperate folder and then the wizard worked again.
          Now I'll only take those indicators into the main folder, which I need for charting or strategy building and leave the rest in the seperate folder...
          There also might be some faulty code in one of the custom indicators which strategy wizard rejects on startup (all were compiling though and could be used in charts as far as I remember) - wizard is checking all indicator files on start up...

thx for fast support.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes