Sim Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sim Trading

I was wondering if it was possible to get the SIM account behaving truly like "real life". I have just installed a demo on NT and in SIM mode it seems to "give" me my exit (trading the ES) on a touch of the exit price rather than having the price go the extra tick "through" the target to give the exit. Is there anyway of altering the setting to force this behaviour change?

Many thanks

Hi,

If you go to Tools-->Options-->Simulator-tab, you can set up a delay of sending your order from your PC to the virtual exchange server or a delay for the virtual exchange to process your order.

In addition, make sure you do not have "Enforce immediate fills" enabled.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 03-11-2008, 02:38 PM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply but I am not sure that will really achieve what I am looking for. As the market normally has to trade at a better price, i.e. that extra tick for the fill to be assured, can this not be set as an option. I appreciate that there is an algorithm working in the background to try and simulate market conditions but it seems to fall short in this case. More times than not I would not expect to get a fill / exit on touching the target in my live trading (sorry for the double negative), but expect the price to trade through the target. I could just change my targets in Sim but that would throw out my P&L.

Best wishes

Comment

I will forward your inquiry to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes