Routing futures orders to Interactive Brokers via NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Routing futures orders to Interactive Brokers via NT

It is my understanding that NT can be used to initiate orders to be executed on the Interactive Brokers TWS system as long as an external data source is used because TWS can't supply the tick data required to populate NT charts.

I currently maintain an account through Vision Financial markets using data supplied by Rithmic. If I open an account at IB will I be able to rout orders to the TWS system once configured properly? The reason I ask is I have a friend that has attempted this and he stated that he doesn't have an option where to rout the orders as NT routs orders to the first provider connected to.

Is there a way to trade off a NT chart using the Rithmic data from Vision Financial Markets and have the orders executed on the IB TWS system? If not, do you have a suggestion as a work around?

Thanks in advance,

DallasStarsFan

Hello dallasstarsfan,

Thanks for your post.

The information you have received is not entirely correct.

Interactive Broker's TWS will not supply historical tick data, however, it does supply real-time tick data.
    Real-time data is all that is needed to make live trades.

This is mentioned in the help guide on Historical & Real-Time data in the chart in the section 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider'.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

You can also save the real-time data as historical data to be used in the future.
    This can be set by checking Save chart data as historical in Tools -> Options... -> Data
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...7/data_tab.htm

Also, data will come from the first provider you connect to. However, your orders will be routed to whichever account you have selected in the Account drop-down in the order window such as Chart Trader or the SuperDOM.
    If you have the Multi-Broker license it has to be possible to trade to different brokers. This is done by choosing the account in the Account drop-down.
    Mutiple Connections - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm
    Selecting an account - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...s_and_acco.htm

This means that yes, you can use your Vision data for trading to Interactive Brokers. Do keep in mind you will need a Multi-Broker license to trade live to multiple brokers.

Purchase Options - Multi Broker
    The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively, you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!

Lifetime license for a one time payment of $1,495
    Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $449
    Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $75 per month
    Learn more about our purchase options!
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your response

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Waxavi, 04-19-2024, 02:10 AM