help with automated trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with automated trading

I have backtested and used market replay on about 20 different strategies, surprisingly none really turned a profit, or the backtesting would check out but then in sim mode, or on market replay it would be a mess.

i know the veteran traders must have a few strategies they can advise a relative newbie to look into, I understand if maybe you don't want to post what you know but if you could private message me any advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Emily

i cant place live trades.

I can't seem to place live trades with nt7. Whenever i place a trade with the simulation account i have no problems, but when i try to place a trade with my live account the order won't fill. It will say that its submitting the order, but, it has yet to fill any of them. I have data through iqfeed, is the data i'm using the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by emily28 View Post
      I have backtested and used market replay on about 20 different strategies, surprisingly none really turned a profit, or the backtesting would check out but then in sim mode, or on market replay it would be a mess.

i know the veteran traders must have a few strategies they can advise a relative newbie to look into, I understand if maybe you don't want to post what you know but if you could private message me any advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Emily
      emily28 you should look into apexinvesting, apexinvesting.net is a great institution with great people, and the apex strategy is damn near flawless!

Comment

Emily, welcome to our forums - will leave this thread open so other community members can share their thoughts on this matter.

A very valuable site to see and all addons available in this area for NinjaTrader would be seen under this link - http://www.ninjatrader.com/Ecosystem/NonBroker.php#129
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by tahjee View Post
          I can't seem to place live trades with nt7. Whenever i place a trade with the simulation account i have no problems, but when i try to place a trade with my live account the order won't fill. It will say that its submitting the order, but, it has yet to fill any of them. I have data through iqfeed, is the data i'm using the problem?
          Please contact us directly via Help > Mail to Support with your trace/logs for review included. Thanks.

Comment

How exactly do I do that? I'm new to nt7 so i need directions please. And thanks!

Comment

You can do that directly in our NinjaTrader platform in the Control Center, select Help >> Mail to Support and ensure the option for log / traces is checked, an email with the infos needed will be sent to us.

Comment

mb trader isnt listed for my account connections.

how do i get mb trader to show up in the drop down menu so that i can create an account connection to them? they arent listed in the connections available in for me in nt7

Comment

Hello tahjee,

Thank you for your response.

If you go to Tools > Account Connections > Add > Next > is MB Trading listed in the Provider drop down menu?

If not can you please send me a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick - 958485' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail? - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=62183

Please go to Help > License Key in NinjaTrader and copy and paste your License Key in your note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com (PLEASE DO NOT POST THE LICENSE KEY HERE IN THE FORUM).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post XXtrader  
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Waxavi