Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smtp problem ninja trader

Hi,

My automated strategy in NT7 normally sends an email ( after a trade has been triggered) to my software that subsequently send signals to many accounts.

Within this software there is a smtp server built in.

if its started NT generates an email via misc test
    BUT; if this software is off, NT still sends successfully and email ( impossible!) ..or thinks he send an email..

On both occasions my software doesn't receive the email..

Any thought, can anyone view along to see what the issue is here?

Regards,

Rob

Hello robje737,

Thanks for your post.

Just to confirm, your test email was sent successfully using NinjaTrader on the Tools -> Options... -> Misc tab, is this correct?

This test email, however, was not received by another software service, is this correct?

If this is the case, do you have a gmail or hotmail account that you can send a test email to?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

all correct.

It doesn't make a difference to which email address you send it. My own, or just anything made up, it still give the message: "send successfully".... but nothing received ( when using my own emailaddres)

Also, NT says it has been send successfully REGARDLESS of my software being on or off, while the smtp server is built-in within this software.

Rob

Comment

Hello robje737,

It is outside of our realm of support to assist you with your own smtp server.

However, I would suggest using a gmail or hotmail account in the email configuration and using their smtp server. You can then have this email sent to any address you would like.

Below is a link to a forum thread that will assist you with gmail or hotmail smtp settings.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=45339

Comment

Hi,

well I have the exact same setup on my other external server ( which is an identical server), and here i do not have this issue.
          Therefore it must be a NT issue i think.

Server, strategy and software is on both the same. Same settings in both NT.

Rob

Comment

Hello robje737,

Please test the NinjaTrader software by sending a test email using a gmail or hotmail smtp server.

If this is successful, NinjaTrader is able to successfully send email.

Try using an ip or address of a non-existant smtp server. If this fails, NinjaTrader is able to discern that it is not able to be connected. You can also try using incorrect credentials with a gmail or hotmail smtp server. This should also cause the test email to fail.

If it gives you a test mail sent successfully when using a fake ip address for an smtp server or with a gmail or hotmail smtp server with the wrong credentials please let me know!

Comment

Hi

I've sent an email the way you described (see attachment).
              I succeeded in sending but haven't received it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi robje737,

This doesn't appear to be working correctly as you should not be able to send an email with these settings.

Please click OK to save these settings (it will close the window), then open the Options... -> Misc tab back open and try sending the test email again.

(NinjaTrader requires you to click OK to save the settings in this window)

Can you take a look at the Log tab of the Control Center? Do you see any error messages here?

May I have a screenshot of the Log tab?
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 11-22-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Hi,

done!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello robje737,

Thanks for sending that screenshot.

The test message is actually failing to send but you may have just uncovered an issue with the mail testing button that I will be reporting to our development department.

It looks that even when the test message fails, the test message sent successfully message still appears.

I can confirm though, that your test messages are failing due to the smtp server not being set up correctly from what is showing in the log tab.

You will need to use your gmail username and password before this email will send successfully.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=45339

Comment

Hi,

it does not have anything to do with gmail. Please understand what the setup here is.
                      Again on server 1 is have the exact same setup. I use 127.0.0.1 and port 25 (tools/options/misc)

This will enable NT to send (after a tradesignal is generated by my automated strategy) the 'email' to the software on my server, which has a built-in smtp server. Thats the set up, no gmail or anything else. This always works on my NT setup on server one for 12 months now, so how come it doesn't work on server 2. The software with the built in server is the exact same on both servers, i take it from a original website, so it's one and the same version. The server is a copy of the other one.

There is a NT problem, but i don't have the expertise, maybe one of your colleques? Jason?

Thanks

Rob

Comment

Hi robje737,

I am understanding the issue, however, I as mentioned before I will not be able to assist you in troubleshooting the smtp server in the other software.

However, the test message successful message you are receiving is likely not correct.

Please try using your custom smtp server again, then take a log at the log tab after trying to send a test message. Let me know if you have a failure message in your log tab followed by a successful message in your log tab. (This is the issue I believe. You are getting a successful message when the test is not successful).

I was recommending that you use gmail or hotmail as I do know for sure that you can use the smtp servers from these mail services to send emails. This does require that you use your username and password to do so.

I was also suggesting that you use gmail to test the email sending capabilities of NinjaTrader.

In doing so, we found that there is an issue with the test button that causes a 'Mail sent successfully' message when the test mail is not sent successfully. I have sent a report of this to our development team.

Comment

Thanks Chelsea,

it's getting late here, wil need to re-think this again tommorow,

Appreciate the help.

Kind regards,

Rob

Comment

Hi,

we have tried using a gmail account and now the sendfunction seems ok.

So using the standard 127.0.0.1 (internal function) with port 25, is suddenly unservicable. It still works on my set-up for my other icloudserver.

Why is the internal sendfunction not working here?

Rob
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi.

already any idea about this issue?

thx.

Rob.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM