Differences when using live data...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differences when using live data...

I'm using a demo version of NT with the CQG data feed and I've put together a simple strategy. When my signals occur, I simply change the backColor property of the current bar to let me know something happened. When I add it to a chart, I see the signals generated just fine, but when I just let it run with the live data feed, I get nothing at all. After looking at the log file while doing a reload (F5), I see that the strategy disables immediately after starting.
    Is this a limitation of the demo mode or am I missing a flag/checkbox somewhere. I was under the impression that you could do everything live that the licensed version can do EXCEPT place actual broker orders. Any orders you place will execute with the NT Sim account. At this point, I am not even using simulated orders, just painting colors when signals are supposed to show up to make sure they are in the right spot.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Goonior,

Thank you for your post.

You are correct. The Free License allows for all features and connections but does not allow for live orders to be submitted.

Regarding your strategy, are there any error messages in the Log tab of the Control Center?

If so, what does the message say?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea, the log tab does not show any errors that I see. When I hit "F5" to reload, I see a message that tells me the strategy is starting and it gives a bunch of parameter definitions (syncOnAccount, etc). I think those are some of the parameters from the strategy options settings. There very next entry in the log window will be telling me the strategy is disabled (so every time I hit "F5", I get those two messages back-to-back).
      I will try one of the default systems to see if it functions properly and then I will at least know if it is my code or something else.
      I will try and get more information on the log window and report back.
      Thanks,

Comment

Hi Goonior,

Thats a good idea. If the sample scripts work OK I may have you send me your script to test on my end.

Let me know if the sample scripts work ok.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Denver_Wayne  
        Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
        0 responses
        1 view