Missing dll file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing dll file

The AT.Market.dll file was unfortunately deleted via my anti-virus software. I have tried to replace it via a new Ninja install but no success. Is it possible for the dll file to be made available where I can manually replace it?

Thanks

Hello srbdoc,

Was this file from an indicator or strategy package?

If so, re-import the original package and overwrite any files if prompted.

If not, or if you cannot re-import please let me know.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My understanding was that the AT.Market dll file was part of the standard Ninjatrader platform. I may stand corrected on that - not sure.

Comment

Unable to reinstall or reimport the AT.Market dll file at this point.

Comment

Hello srbdoc,

I am not aware of any AT.Market.dll that comes with NinjaTrader so it I am not sure where this file come from. Did you recently install any 3rd Party Add-ons?
          JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
            Hello srbdoc,

I am not aware of any AT.Market.dll that comes with NinjaTrader so it I am not sure where this file come from. Did you recently install any 3rd Party Add-ons?
            Yes I have added some custom indicators. It just seemed strange that the selected instruments not showing in the display field occurred right after the At.Market.dll file was deleted.

Comment

Hello srbdoc,

Originally posted by srbdoc View Post
              Yes I have added some custom indicators. It just seemed strange that the selected instruments not showing in the display field occurred right after the At.Market.dll file was deleted.
              Its possible that removing this file caused compile errors. This can cause unexpected behavior with the list of the remaining scripts.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
              • Open NinjaTrader
              • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
              • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
              • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
              • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
              • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the error column fully expanded so that I may see the entire error message.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ChelseaB - Thank you for this post as when I had to move NT7 to a new computer when my old one died, everything was fine until I wanted to import a necessary script I created. ". . . programing errors must be resolved . . ." . I was going to delete then reinstall my custom indicators until I saw your post. I did not realize all indicators were compiled. So I grabbed the first indicator I could, compiled and the error(s) was location of some DLL files. I placed them in the correct folder and VOILA! - all is well. You saved me what would have been a rather time consuming process had I done it my way.
                Last edited by mmtrader74; 12-14-2013, 10:16 AM. Reason: misspell

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post PaulMohn  
                Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes