Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to install an indicator has broken my NT7 setup

Hi,

I was looking for the Bill Williams Awesome Oscillator and found some examples of the indicator on this page by a search: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...nks_search.php

I tried installing the top result, not noticing that it was exported on 6.5 instead of 7. When I tried to import it, it asked me if I should replace my @SMA indicator with an older version, and mistakenly I clicked Yes. Then the import failed, saying my PC was missing files that were needed. Then when I tried to import something else, it says I have programming errors on one of my indicators and I can't do anything until they're resolved. I'm guessing they're with the @SMA indicator but I don't see a way to fix it, especially since I can't import anything new to try to overwrite the @SMA with the updated version.

Can anyone recommend the next step I should take, besides uninstalling my NT7 setup? I have made too many custom indicators and strategies to want to have to mess with that.

Thanks!

Hello RunnrX,

Thank you for your post.

To restore this default indicator, which was overwritten when you installed the 3rd party indicator, you will need to reinstall NinjaTrader. This process will NOT remove your your custom indicators and strategies.

First, copy your license key from Control Center -> Help -> License Key to a text file.

Close all running applications.
    From the Start menu select -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
    Select NinjaTrader 7 and click Uninstall.
    To download a new copy of NinjaTrader, go to the following page and paste your license key into the Current Users field, then click "Download NinjaTrader".

Please let me know if I can further assist you.
    Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

*** I was able to resolve this myself by copying the @SMA.cs from my laptop's ninjatrader7\bin\custom\indicators folder over to the same folder of the affected computer

Edit: NinjaTrader_TylerG I didn't see your post yet before I posted this, but that would have worked too -- thanks for working with me on this!
      Last edited by RunnrX; 11-26-2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jordanq2, Today, 03:10 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jordanq2  
      Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
      10 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post traderqz