Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to get market order in the midle of candel??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get market order in the midle of candel??

I canot solve this problem...How can I open an possition-fo example- close of the previus candle was at 130(better renko bars-10 pips long bricks) and I want to make an order through wizard to be opened at the price 133, so it is3 ticks higher-it menas somewhere in the midle of the next candle...I just want to open position after price has moved 3 ticks in the direction of the next candle...I am stil getting orders only at the close of the last bar..
    I hope I put this clearly. Thanks anybody for an answer.

Hello Dann001,

Using a Market Order you cannot defined a price at which to be filled, NinjaTrader will just submit an order at the open of the next candle.

If you would like to define a price that NinjaTrader sends an order to you may want to use a Stop order using the Strategy Wizard where you can define a stop price of an order which you can use the "Close" price data and then use the "Offset" to add 3 ticks to so that when that price is hit NinjaTrader will submit a Market Order.

Let us know if you have any further questions.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for reply..well a still can not make thing going as I would like to. So please, try to follow me in this. In the Conditions and action I am doing this: When the following hapens I put close(0)> Open(0) and bellow Do the following I put: EnterShortStop(0, Close(0)+3TickSize,)???? I am trying this thing working but i Don get any trades. Please, try to put an example how to make this simple order in the Strategy wizard. Thank you.

Comment

Hello Dann001,

The first number is the order quantity so you may want to leave that on "DefaultQuantity" or just set it to 1 to ensure you are trying to at least a single contract.

I also suspect that you are getting an error because you cannot place a Sell Stop order above the market price which is why you are not getting any results. If you look inside of the Log tab of the Control Center you should see an error stating this as well.

If you would like to place a sell order above the Market then you may want to use a Sell Limit order. So you may want it to show "EnterShortLimit(DefaultQuantity, Close[0] + 3 * TickSize, "").This will have a sell order at this price or better.

Let me know if this works better for you.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, now it is working as I expected... Have a nice day...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post FrancisMorro  
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          10 responses
          0 likes