Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Needs Help

Hello NinjaTraders,

I am very new to this platform so please bear with me. I just developed a new automated trading strategy and tried simulating it but nothing comes up.

It says it's back testing but when it's done it shows nothing happened, no gain, no loss, no chart.

Do I need to import my own data or something? Obviously I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what.

Thanks!!

Hello stockbot,

Can you please select the Chart-tab and check if the requested data is loaded. If no data is loaded, no results can be reported.

To what data feed provider do you connect in NinjaTrader?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I haven't imported any data so I am using the simulated data feed. I pressed connect and the trend control box popped up. I tried a chart and nothing worked.

Thanks!

Comment

The Simulated Data Feed does not provide historical data, only realtime data.

You will need to connect to a supported data feed provider that supports the data you request. Please note that we are not a data feed provider ourselves. You will need to connect to a supported data feed provider to receive data in NinjaTrader.

We do provide the Kinetick Free EOD (end-of-day) connection by default in NinjaTrader. It will provide historical daily data only, so it will allow you to create daily charts. You can find the free Kinetick connection at Control Center-->File-->Connect. It does not provide real-time data so you cannot use it to trade in simulation.

See the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.

The matrix will list 'data feeds only' such as Kinetick and DTN IQFeed, but it lists broker technologies as well such as Zen-Fire and CQG.

The broker technologies can only be used if you have an account at a supported broker partner that uses the broker technology in question. They will provide data in NinjaTrader and will allow you to trade your account at your broker.

The 'data feeds only' will only provide data in NinjaTrader. You will need to have a subscription with one of these data providers to obtain login information, which you enter upon creating a connection.

As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Realtimechart

I was also having this problem about the historical data and the real time chart. But after going through this thread by doubt got cleared about the two data like which connector and support is needed.Thanks for the explanation.
          Last edited by KateWilset; 12-19-2013, 11:14 PM. Reason: grammatical error

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post sarafuenonly123  
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Brevo