Potential issue trading with 2 broker connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential issue trading with 2 broker connection

Hi all, I'm trying to find an answer to a potential Ninja issue.
    My configuration is as follow :
    Ninjatrader with :
    - first connection for data feed with IQfeed
    - second connection with Interactive Broker (account A)
    - third connection with interactive broker (account B)
    --- 2 different strategies running, one connected to account A and the other to account B (both strategies working on the same future)

Both strategies are running cucurrently and they have the same entry condition (and different exit condition).

It means that when they met the entry condition Ninja have to elaborate the signal and send two orders at the same time (strategy 1 to account A and strategy 2 to account B).

I'm asking if this situation could be an issue for ninja software.

I'm asking this because I have tested the situation (with two IB paper trading account) and I have seen that sometimes the orders are both sent correctly, and sometimes seems that ninja are able to elaborate only signal and send orders only for one strategy (as if the second strategy was not correctly elaborated because the software was busy for the first one).

Thanks in advance for any support you can give me.

Renato.

Nevada,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please send me your Log and Trace by going to Help -> Mail to Support

Please reference this thread in the body of the email and put ATTN Cal in the subject line.

Thank you for your patience.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your quick answer.
      I have to wait in order to reproduce the same issue.
      Could you please tell me exactly the files you need? I have to identify and move them to another pc in order to send them by email as I do not have any email software to use installed on the computer I use for my trading test.

Thanks.

Renato.

Comment

Nevada,

You will need to get the Log and Trace files which are located respectively -
        You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"

Comment

Thanks again, I will send them as soon as I find again the issue, unfotunately I have a strict working plan and now I'm testing other things and that kind of problem is not happening.

Comment

I'm coming back on this potential issue trying to replicate it and have the file to send you. Meanwhile I'm asking if I have to change some parameters in order to connect 2 IB session to one ninja instance. To go deeper, have I to change API socket port or client id in the second IB session?
            One of the thing I have seen is that "Connection on Startup" and "Auto Logon" are working only for the first IB account while the second TWS refuse to answer to the startup and connection request from ninja.

Comment

Nevada,

You will need to adjust the port for the API configuration in the NinjaTrader Account Connection.

I have linked a thread that outlines how to accomplish this -
              http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=57366

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
                Nevada,

You will need to adjust the port for the API configuration in the NinjaTrader Account Connection.

I have linked a thread that outlines how to accomplish this -
                http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=57366
                First of all, please let me know if we can continue to speak about connection here of if I have to open another thread in Connecting sub-forum.

I have changed the API socket port, but I still have problems :

- when ninja try to open one of the TWS connection, the TWS login popup appear but instead of inputting the login data, it sometimes open the start menu and sometimes it open internet explorer (I'm running ninja on a Windows 2003 server).

- I'm trying to start IQfeed as first connection and then two TWS connection. After some unsuccesfull try (TWS popup login cancelled), Ninja hase opend IQFeed and one of the TWS connection, but first TWS and second IQFeed. What have I to do in order to establish the right connection sequence?

(Additional information : I'm trying to get the right automated connection sequence opening ninja trader, not manually or after ninja is already running.)

Regards.
                Last edited by Nevada; 12-11-2013, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Hi Nevada,

If you wouldn't mind sending me a request to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

Put ATTN Cal in the Subject and include a link to this thread in the body.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DynamicTest  
                  Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                  4 responses