Collapse

Real dynamics of limit orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I have confused suggestions, I repeat the original need cause it seems important. No need to be sarcastic here my friend, above all when is with people like me, non-advanced programmers

It seems that the only way to code as I need is under unmanaged approach then.

Comment

1) This depends on what you are trying to do. You mention that you are changing the stop/targets.
      I don't change any Stop/Target order. What I'd like to be able is reversing positions with limit orders, when done, then cancel old Stop/Target orders and set the new ones. As you must read Koganan always says that this can't be done under manage approach with actual frame

Are you using Exit orders or SetStopLoss()?
      Just Exit orders

2) When it comes to identifying a stop loss or a profit target are you using an Exit order or SetStopLoss()?
      Exit orders

Comment

Hi pstrusi,

From what it sounds like you are trying to do, I would agree you would want to use the unmanaged approach. Using this approach you can use OCO pairing, and also easily cancel any orders you would need to.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yep, it looks like; but before I had to exhaust any other simpler solution.

Thanks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by pstrusi View Post
            When I have confused suggestions, I repeat the original need cause it seems important. No need to be sarcastic here my friend, above all when is with people like me, non-advanced programmers

It seems that the only way to code as I need is under unmanaged approach then.
            Sorry if it came out that way, but I was not being sarcastic. I was simply reiterating what this thread has said, as well as the NT Help. The NT Help seems to be pretty definitive, I should say.

Just remember to code handle all possible snafus that may arise if you are using the unmanaged approach. There are quite a few nasties when electronic trading.

Comment

Yes Koganan, I'm aware that must be infinitive nasty details that you must think before jump off.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
              8 responses
              0 likes