Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Are really limit orders working under managed approach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are really limit orders working under managed approach?

Hi Ninjas,

I have a script that sometimes has to send only limit orders, which I understand work under managed approach. I was asking about a couple hypothetical situations and I have many doubts, so I'd like a fresh start asking this questions.

1. Imagine a script that goes from a Short position to Long Position and again to Short position, these positions has to set at limit orders. Each time that script has to change the position, it will be good enough just to set EnterLongLimit or EnterShortLimit and the system will take care of exiting the old positions and entering the new one?
    I was told that the system correctly will do that BUT I will still have to be mindful of internal order handling rules, What does this mean? in which situations doesn't the managed approach work right?
    Should I instead, Exiting the positions with another limit order before opening the new one?

2. The scenario where a limit order wasn't completed and suddenly the system has to reverse the position, Should I trust that simply setting the right actual order, the system will be reverse the position to a new one, managing correctly all orders pending? I was told that I might have some overfill order situations.

Ninjas, my goal is pretty simple. I want to able to send often limit orders that open and reverse positions as the script triggers. Which configurations and steps should I set in order to achieve this correctly?

Thanks for your help

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby