Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I determine which template is currently applied to a chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I determine which template is currently applied to a chart?

I have two charts that are similar ... but not quite,
    and I have several templates. How can I determine
    which template is currently applied to a chart?

Hello joemiller,

Thank you for your post.

It is not currently possible to view which chart template you have applied to your chart. I will submit this feature request to our development team to consider for inclusion in future releases of NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I can further assist you.
    Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by joemiller View Post
      I have two charts that are similar ... but not quite,
      and I have several templates. How can I determine
      which template is currently applied to a chart?
      You cannot by default, but, you can always edit your chart label to include the applied template. That way, you can see it at a glance.

Comment

thanks koganam.
        I have searched the users guide [for a few minutes] and pawed around the charts but cannot figure out how to do what you advise. [eg] what and where is the label, etc.
        please give me a pointer or two on how to do so.

Comment

Hello joemiller,

To change the label for your chart, open the Data Series window by clicking on the fourth button from the right on the chart toolbar (or by right clicking in the chart background and selecting "Data Series").

The property "Label" can be modified in the parameters area to the right, in the section titled "Visual".

Please let me know if I can further assist you.

Comment

i see the label field in the visual section but i still do not understand how to get the desired info via that field?

Comment

i just noticed my session templates are different, that's probably my problem? i will play around with that.

Comment

Hello joemiller,

What koganam was referring to was manually inputting the name of the chart template you are using into the Label property. This will change the label used in the titlebar of the chart window, and allow you to more readily identify which template you are using when you have multiple charts open. The Label field will not contain any information related to your chart template until you add it.

You will need to edit the Label property when you first open a chart (from the Control Center -> File -> New -> Chart), and select a template to apply to the chart.

Your session template is unrelated to the chart template issue, so you should not need to modify that setting.

Comment

Template name changes when I click on another time frame.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_TylerG View Post
                  Hello joemiller,

What koganam was referring to was manually inputting the name of the chart template you are using into the Label property. This will change the label used in the titlebar of the chart window, and allow you to more readily identify which template you are using when you have multiple charts open. The Label field will not contain any information related to your chart template until you add it.

You will need to edit the Label property when you first open a chart (from the Control Center -> File -> New -> Chart), and select a template to apply to the chart.

Your session template is unrelated to the chart template issue, so you should not need to modify that setting.
                  I've changed the chart name to the template name. I've even created a new chart with a new title. And when first launched it's what I expected. I can change the instrument, that's works fine. But, when I change the time frame the the chart label changes to the name of the instrument I have displayed. If I go back to the original time frame, it's still the instrument title. I've even created a new template from a chart that is just like I want it. Same result. I also tried to label a chart using the text drawing tool. But there doesn't seem to be a way for the text to remain fixed in one spot. It moves with the price. ( With the MT4 platform that feature is available. It would be nice if you had this feature too.) The only solution I can think of is to have a separate chart for each time frame that I commonly use. That would be about 7. And if I'm following more than one instrument that number would increase. How can I fix the title to the chart permanently, even if I change the time frame?

Note: It seems to me that the template name should be displayed on the chart by default. Or even under a Template Properties feature. Just someway to tell which template is attached to a chart.

Separate chart suggestion: It would be nice if there where a 4 hour time included in the drop down menu. This is not an uncommon time.

Comment

Hello Alan J,

Unfortunately it is as expected that the Label setting is reset when you change to a different interval type. I do not see a way to have the chart title remain the same when switching interval types.

I will forward the suggestion to show the template name in the chart somewhere to development. Thank you for your feedback.

If you type "240m" on your keyboard when the chart is the active window, it will change to a 4 hour interval.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 11-05-2015, 07:46 AM.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

240 minute/ 4 hr quick change

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                      Hello Alan J,

Unfortunately it is as expected that the Label setting is reset when you change to a different interval type. I do not see a way to hav ethe chart title remain the same when switching interval types.

I will forward the suggestion to show the template name in the chart somewhere to development. Thank you for your feedback.

If you type "240m" on your keyboard when the chart is the active window, it will change to a 4 hour interval.
                      On an active chart I typed 240, I got a little pop up, as confirmation. Then hit "enter". Easy. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post chbruno
                      by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                      6 responses