user guide search jumps to ask.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

user guide search jumps to ask.com?

when I enter a string in the user guide search field an ask.com window pops up [ie] the search goes exterior to the guide? comments/suggestions will be appreciated.

question #2
    I no longer receive email alerts to thread replies. has the feature been discontinued?

Hello joemiller,

Thank you for your forum post.

Are you searching on the following page?

When I test on my end, It brings up results within the NinjaTrader 7 help guide.

Which web browser are you using? If possible, please test this on another browser (For example: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome etc...)

In regards to receiving email alerts to thread replies, please check your User CP on the red toolbar at the top of the Support Forum:
    • Under Settings & Options > Click Edit Options
    • Make sure the Default Thread Subscription Mode is set to "Instant Email Notification"
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by joemiller View Post
      when I enter a string in the user guide search field an ask.com window pops up [ie] the search goes exterior to the guide? comments/suggestions will be appreciated.

question #2
      I no longer receive email alerts to thread replies. has the feature been discontinued?
      Sounds like you installed something which has made Ask.com your default search engine, as an override to all searches. Look at your browser settings.

Comment

regarding question#2 in post#1:
        [ie] I no longer receive email alerts to thread replies. has the feature been discontinued?

the answer in post#2 was
        Make sure the Default Thread Subscription Mode is set to "Instant Email Notification"

however Subscription Mode does appear to be set to "Instant Email Notification" ?

Comment

I also just verified in user CP/settings and options that my email address is correct.

Comment

Hello Joemiller,

Thank you for the follow up.

You can troubleshoot further by resetting your username/password from the following link:

Comment

I requested an email for username/password reset but received no reply.
              I verified via UserCP that my correct email address is on file with the forum.
              so I have not yet resolved the issue of why the forum cannot find me via email.
              it could be a problem at my end but all other email is working ok?

Comment

Hello Joemiller,

Thank you for the follow up.

We were able to test with three different email providers on our end. All three providers were able to successfully receive the emails.

With that being said, Yahoo caught the email as spam. Gmail and Comcast did not.

Can you add NinjaTrader.com to your safe senders list?

Also check your junk/spam folders to see if the messages are being received there.

Comment

thanks.
                  it must be on my end. I will paw around when I get a chance to see if I can get it fixed.
                  my provider is Verizon.net.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                  Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes