Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Limit order question

Hello,

Is it possible to set Stop Limit order at the best bid or ask without clicking on the price level within dom?

If I want to go long and need to enter stop limit on the best ask, I need to put cursor on Buy column across price level and click middle wheel. This takes a bit of time to move cursor around, and I am wondering if it is possible to do it with a click of some button. Equivalent of hitting market buy or sell.

Thanks,
    redduke

Thank you for your post.

If you right click in the SuperDOM and select properties you can then enable Quick Buttons.

This will give you bid and ask buttons on the buy and sell side of the SuperDOM.

However, these buttons will place a limit order not a stop limit order.

This is the closest thing we support at this time but I will forward your request for our list of possible future enhancements.
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the reply. I want to double check something.

If I hit a price level in DOM in Buy column above bid price, this will send a Buy limit order which will lift the best ask price. Where do I specify the offset for this limit order? That is if this limit can not get filled with max 1 tick slippage, do not fill it.

Thanks,
      redduke

Comment

To submit a stop limit order, select either the "BUY" column for buy orders or the "SELL" column for sell orders and press down on your middle mouse button (scroll wheel) in the cell that corresponds to the price you wish the stop limit order to be submitted at. A numeric field will appear that represents the number of ticks away you wish the limit price of the stop limit order to be placed at. Either by using your mouse scroll wheel or clicking on the up/down arrows in the numeric field, set the number of ticks and press the "checkmark" button to complete the order submission. Pressing the "x" button will cancel the order submission operation.

Submitting Orders:
        JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I realize that this is how stop limit is working.

My question is in regards to clicking on any price level in DOM in Buy column above bid price to lift best offer or clicking on any price level in DOM in Sell column below ask price to hit best bid. This situation sends limit order which is filled at best price (bid or ask) depending on the column clicked.

Thanks

Comment

This is not possible.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray,

Thanks for reply.

I want to double check something. I’ll use Buy as an example. There are 2 ways to use limit order to buy at the ask:

1) First is to enable Quick Buttons, and then hitting Ask in Buy Column. This will lift the ask, and if I look at the log, I see that one of the variables in Message line Limit price=0. Does this meant that it will try to lift the best ask, and if it can not do it, it will move 1 level up and so on until it gets filled (equivalent of market order)?

2) Second is clicking on any price level in DOM in Buy column above bid price (across from visible ask price levels or above them). This will also lift best offer, but in this case Limit price variable will have value (Limit price=6516.5 for example). Let’s say the best offer is at 6514.5 (4 ticks below level that I clicked at). Does this means that if it can not get filled at 6514.5, 6415 …, and then the price jumps above limit price (6516.5) the order placement will be skipped?

Thanks,
              redduke

Comment

1) Buy Ask - Places a buy limit order at ask price (nothing more or less)
                2) Places a buy limit order at that specific price (nothing more or less)

Comment

Ray,

For example If I click inside one of 5 nearest levels on the ask in the sell column, my limit order will be added to the queue at exactly the price that I click. Let's say ask levels looks like below (I omitted quantity and rounded price levels).

If I click in Sell column across 6514 the system will add my limit to this level and I will be waiting to get my sell order filled.

If I click in Buy column across 6514 the system will try to lift the best ask (which is 6510 in this case) and get me filled. Similar will happen if I click on Ask quick button in Buy column.

I am trying to find out the exact rules about these type of fills. Both 1 and 2 in my last post will lift the ask, but the variable "Limit Price" has different values, and I am trying to find out the difference.

Thanks,
                  redduke

Comment

For the buy orders, limit orders at the prices you specified will go to the market. They may fill at a price or better than you specified.

If you press "ASK" in the DOM, there should be a limit price in the log.

Comment

Ray,

Thanks for clarifying this.

Regards,
                      redduke

Comment

Hello!

Can you please tell me how can I give a stop limit order in the SuperDOM?

There is a setting in SuperDOM properties which says:

Middle mouse button is stop market (True/False)

I have set it to true and my orders works great, but I just can not find the option for it to place a stop limit order the same way.

If I remeber right stop limit and stop market is not the same and because I mostly scalp, it would be really important, especially when it is really fast moving.

thank you!

Comment

Hi,

You might want to change this to 'False' so you will submit your Stop Limit order.

More info about order submission can also be found here:
                          Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

oh all right, thanks.. ehh

Then one more question:
                            Can I place a Stoplimit instantly in superdom without having to click on the "tick" button?

Thank you

Comment

Hi,

Unfortunately that is not possible.
                              Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 08:12 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes