Strategy and chart window relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy and chart window relationship

I do not use strategies to automate trades. But I do use them to send me alerts.

When I have a strategy running in a chart windows (of course it is enabled), what is the effect on the strategy when I make changes to that chart window? For example if i were to change from 5 minute to 30 minute candles would the strategy script still be running based on 5 minute candles. What if I changed instruments completely. I am looking at google in a chart running my script and I decide to look at amazon instead. What happens to the strategy. I would prefer that the strategy keep running for the original instrument and time period it started with. But I do not know if that is true.
    If it is not true and the strategy is affected by changes made to the chart should a separate chart be opened to look at different instruments or time frames.

So basically I am trying to better understand the relationship between strategies and chart windows within which they run.
    Thanks for any assistance.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

When running an automated strategy in the chart window if any changes are made such as the interval or instrument this will also change what the strategy is looking at to generate the alerts.

If you do not want this to occur I would suggest running the strategy from within the Strategies tab of the Control Center as opposed to the chart window.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Running NinjaScript Strategies within the Strategies tab:

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
    80 responses
    5 likes