X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dorman Inactivity Fee

Hi

I am in NJ7 / Zen-Fire / Dorman.

In november I was on Holiday and I have 41 $ of credit with just a trade in Dorman reel account

Why on december I have a debit of 25 $ for Novembre Inactivity FEE ????

I dont understand, please explain

Thanks
    Last edited by Pcomm69; 12-06-2013, 08:36 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This message is not coming from us but from your broker, please contact them for clarification.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Mirus ?
      Zen-Fire ?
      Dorman ?

Comment

Hello,

Based on your first post you would need to contact Dorman.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's their inactivity fee.

I'm not sure if its 10 or 25 needed to avoid.

If you find out, please post.

This did start 1-2 years ago.

I think everyone does it now.

Originally posted by Pcomm69 View Post
          Hi

I am in NJ7 / Zen-Fire / Dorman.

In november I was on Holiday and I have 41 $ of credit with just a trade in Dorman reel account

Why on december I have a debit of 25 $ for Novembre Inactivity FEE ????

I dont understand, please explain

Thanks

Comment

i am agree with you
            That's THEIR inactivity fee.

i have put an email ad hoc
            i give you return

Sledge wich is your Broker ?

Thanks

Comment

Dorman.

Oops.. I should have went further.. it costs to have zenfire feed..so if you don't trade enough..they need paid.

I'm mostly a watcher...so I get the feed and don't trade much.

Originally posted by Pcomm69 View Post
              i am agree with you
              That's THEIR inactivity fee.

i have put an email ad hoc
              i give you return

Sledge wich is your Broker ?

Thanks

Comment

Dorman Inactivity Fees

Thank you for your inquiry. We certainly understand your concern with the fee you saw on your most recent daily statement. The $25 User Inactivity Fee is charged to clients who use resources but do not trade the minimum 10 contracts (5 roundturns) per month. The basis for this fee is to cover the cost of bandwidth associated with receiving live data from a premium trading engine. Zen-Fire charges the brokerage firms for each user that is inactive during the month because of the bandwidth expense associated with a user that logs in during the month but does not place a trade to offset their fixed costs. The exchange allows for free data to clients with a live trading account but when there is no activity, it is no longer considered a trading account. Data vendors typically charge $50 per month (or more) plus exchange fees, so this is still a cost-effective way to receive premium data.

Comment

The above 7 year old quote was the most recent reference I found to the specific number of contracts needed per active month to avoid the inactivity fee, so I made an inquiry asking if the information was still accurate. This is the response I just got:
                  We do have an inactivity fee that starts in the third calendar month after you open your account. If you are accessing the live data and are not trading in that month, there is a $25 inactivity fee.

However, you don’t have to make ten trades per month. You only need to make one trade per month to avoid this fee. Also, if you go on vacation and do not access the account, then there is no fee. You are only charged this fee if you are accessing data yet not making any trades at all in a month.

Very few of our customers ever pay this inactivity fee, but it primarily applies to people who are not trading yet are using the data feed. We are still charged for data by CQG, so this covers that cost if you are not trading. With the micro index futures, you can easily make one trade at $0.50 tick value in and out to avoid this fee.
                  I love that they made it even easier

I just thought I'd share the update for the next person searching this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovejoy View Post
                    The above 7 year old quote was the most recent reference I found to the specific number of contracts needed per active month to avoid the inactivity fee, so I made an inquiry asking if the information was still accurate. This is the response I just got:
                    I love that they made it even easier

I just thought I'd share the update for the next person searching this.
                    Can you make a pdf of the original answer from Ninjatrader. Because what they say is not correct. I have proof for two accounts that made a trade but still got charged 25$ each.

I tried to copy the log file from the last day of may, but unfortunately NT8 deleted that file already automatically. In these logfiles for the 2 accounts it was clearly mentioned with a ticket number that there was a trade. Time of entry and exit for these trades were mentioned but never appeared in my statements.

It is indeed clearly mentioned on Ninjatrader website that 1 trade is enough to avoid inactivity fees.
                    Review potential fees related to your brokerage account that may be charged based on your market data selections, trade management and more.

Last edited by marcus2300; 06-22-2021, 12:32 AM.

Comment

marcus2300 , every live trade is logged in multiple places meaning that it would effectively be impossible for there to not be a record of that live trade at some level. Your local logs are, by default, removed after 20 days, but this same removal does not occur at your broker (NinjaTrader), your FCM (Dorman/Phillip Capital), or at the exchange (the CME most likely).

I have no definitive evidence of this, but my best-educated guess is that perhaps you were trading to the Sim101 account inadvertently. This would be the simplest answer as to how/why no one had a record of your live trade. With that said, I strongly encourage you to reach out to the NinjaTrader Orders Desk as they have all the tools necessary to locate any trades: Orders[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Also, if you can repeat the behavior you're reporting (clearly trading live but no records of live trades being recorded), we'd very much be interested in investigating further to discover the root issue.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                        marcus2300 , every live trade is logged in multiple places meaning that it would effectively be impossible for there to not be a record of that live trade at some level. Your local logs are, by default, removed after 20 days, but this same removal does not occur at your broker (NinjaTrader), your FCM (Dorman/Phillip Capital), or at the exchange (the CME most likely).

I have no definitive evidence of this, but my best-educated guess is that perhaps you were trading to the Sim101 account inadvertently. This would be the simplest answer as to how/why no one had a record of your live trade. With that said, I strongly encourage you to reach out to the NinjaTrader Orders Desk as they have all the tools necessary to locate any trades: Orders[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Also, if you can repeat the behavior you're reporting (clearly trading live but no records of live trades being recorded), we'd very much be interested in investigating further to discover the root issue.

If that is true, you have a huge problem.
                        I was able to recover the original logfiles from1 of the 2 accounts . I am 200% it is not SIM.
                        I have full details from the log file. Clearly mentioning: Global simulation mode disabled.

I will contact Ninjatrader Orders desk later.
                        Last edited by marcus2300; 06-22-2021, 08:30 AM.

Comment

marcus2300 , so we may investigate further please send those files to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Include a link to this forum thread in the body of the email. In the subject, include "3013588 ATTN Patrick G". Here are some additional questions you can answer in your email that will help us analyze your files more quickly and accurately:
                          • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
                          • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
                          • What instrument were you trading?
                          • When did this most recently occur?
                          • What Order ID was assigned to this order?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                            marcus2300 , so we may investigate further please send those files to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Include a link to this forum thread in the body of the email. In the subject, include "3013588 ATTN Patrick G". Here are some additional questions you can answer in your email that will help us analyze your files more quickly and accurately:
                            • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
                            • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
                            • What instrument were you trading?
                            • When did this most recently occur?
                            • What Order ID was assigned to this order?
                            OK, will do this and can send them copy of the 2 logfiles. There they can see full details about version NT8, account number, ordernumber,Datafeed etc...

Comment

To bring closure here for any other readers, the trades in question were on a holiday that occurred on the last day of the month (May 31st). There was no trading session that closed on that day, so as a result of the holiday, the trades were a part of the next day's (and in this case next month's) session and statement.

If you are a NinjaTrader Brokerage client, please make sure to always reach out to the Orders Desk or Brokerage Support teams so that they may work with you in rare cases such as this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred