Collapse

vista x64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to get a Beta of the Beta for the NTConnect DLL. This is all I need from NT7. I been waiting more than 6 months because there is an initialization error in the 6.5 DLL for 64Bit. My guess is that by now this DLL is suppose to work.

Thanks,

Moscu

Comment

Hello Moscu,

Unfortunately, there is no way to get this .dll at this time.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello ctrlbrk,

NinjaTrader 6.5 is not supported on 64 bit operating systems, however NinjaTrader 7 will be.

In addition, NinjaTrader 6.5 supports multi-core/multi-processor hardware. NinjaTrader internally supports multiple threads of executions which would be run by the Windows OS on different cores/processor. However, NinjaTrader 6.5 is not optimized to make full usage of a multi-core/ multi-processor hardware.

NinjaTrader 7 will come with optimized multi core/multi-processor support. For example, this would allow users to make full usage of a multi-core/ multi-processor hardware on backtesting multiple instruments or running multiple iterations of a strategy optimization at the same time.
        Is it an idea for you to use threading when the StrategyAnalyzer Optimizer is used. Could you get rid of the .NET 'memory leak' (= the GC not freeing the memory in time)?

Can I in any case expect that the 64-bit version will be able to use more than the 1.3 GB which is the current limit for me to get an 'out of memory' error?

Do you have any additional tips on how to reduce the memory leak in the meantime (Call some Dispose method or what every)

Thx

Carsten

Comment

There are no further tips unfortunately. There are improvements in this area in NT7. We will release further details once we are able.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by cbaer View Post
            Can I in any case expect that the 64-bit version will be able to use more than the 1.3 GB which is the current limit for me to get an 'out of memory' error?
            I have been previously told by NT that the 1.3GB limitation still exists. Remember, there is no 64-bit version of NT7. Just that with 7.0 NT will sanction/support deploying on a x64 platform -- but NT7 is not 64-bit.

I've also been told NT7 aims to be more efficient with its resources, so the 1.3GB limitation, which it still exists, will be less of a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              NinjaTrader 7 will come with optimized multi core/multi-processor support. For example, this would allow users to make full usage of a multi-core/ multi-processor hardware on backtesting multiple instruments or running multiple iterations of a strategy optimization at the same time.

However, due to the nature of the Window OS, NT7 would not be able to fully use all available multi-cores/multi-processors at any given time.

In other words, running NinjaTrader 7 on a 4 core/machine machine would not make NinjaTrader running 4 times faster than on a 1 core/processor machine. However, it would speed it up noticeable.
              Hi Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I am confused as to what you mean by "due to the nature of the Windows OS, NT7 would not be able to fully use all available multi-cores/multi-processors at any given time."

I have plenty of other software that uses all cores. It is not a Windows or OS level limitation that is preventing you from maxing out all cores. It is perhaps a NT limitation, but not an OS limitation.

I was not aware NT 6.5 had multi-thread support internally, so thank you for educating me with that regard.

Comment

NT6.5 has multi-thread support. However, NT7 will have improved multi-thread suuport. We will publish details on first public beta.

>> "due to the nature of the Windows OS, NT7 would not be able to fully use all available multi-cores/multi-processors at any given time."
                All UI related needs to be done in the main thread. This is a windows limitation and not a NT limitation. Please consult the MS docs for details on Windows limitations.

Comment

Dear support,

Most of the posts on this thread are above my head! Too technical for me to understand.

All I need to know is whether there are people out there who traded live with real money on NT/Zen-fire with the vista 64-bit OS without any problems? I have had no issues with this with live sim trading.

I understand that you don't support 64 bit but I just want to know while I am waiting for NT 7, can I start live trading now?

Can this question be answered without violating your legal disclaimers?

Thanks,
                  sourcem

P.S. Or if any of the members of this forum can respond about your experience on this, that is very much appreicated.

Comment

The official answer is: Windows 64bit is not supported by NT6.5. If you want to be sure, you needed to stay with Windows 32bit.

Comment

Originally posted by sourcem View Post
                      Dear support,

All I need to know is whether there are people out there who traded live with real money on NT/Zen-fire with the vista 64-bit OS without any problems? I have had no issues with this with live sim trading.
                      Yes, have used Vista x64 and Seven x64 with no problems on several different machines. I use Amp/Zen.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ctrlbrk View Post
                        Yes, have used Vista x64 and Seven x64 with no problems on several different machines. I use Amp/Zen.

Mike
                        Thank you, ctrlbrk.

Comment

Any update on NT 7.0? It was said that it will be in the 2Q/2009. The first month of the second quarter is almost gone!

Moscu

Comment

Hello Moscu,

NinjaTrader 7 beta version is expected to be released the second quarter.

Unfortunately there is not a more specific ETA.
                            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT and 64Bit

Well after waiting for more than a year I decided to give a try to "Windows Server 2008" 64Bit and what you know it works. The NTConnect DLL works on this server version. I should have tried this long time ago instead of waiting. I have used for 3 weeks and it is been solid. Now I got my 4GB of memory that I can allocate to any 32 bit process.

Moscu

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rehmans
                              by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                              0 responses