Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Upon starting, Ninjatrader pegs the CPU at 100% and sucks up memory and won't load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upon starting, Ninjatrader pegs the CPU at 100% and sucks up memory and won't load

Hi folks:

Upon starting, Ninjatrader pegs the CPU at 100% and sucks up RAM memory down to like 100-300 mb and won't load. How can I fix?

What would cause this and how can it be prevented in the future?

Thanks...

Hello birdog,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach them in the email. You can send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Upon starting, Ninjatrader pegs the CPU at 100% and sucks up memory and won't load' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20131209 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20131209 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

@Jason ...I already sent them before your message here just a few min. ago but without your name on the subject...do you see it?

Comment

Yes, please see my response I just sent.

Comment

Ok...NT loaded, but when i go to my workspace it says loading for a long long time in the chart windows...I just started repairing the DB but what else should I do?

Comment

Please see the email I just sent you.

Please wait for the workspace to be loaded. If the charts do not load after a few minutes, please perform the following steps and check if charts load data as expected. Shut down NinjaTrader and delete the db-->cache folder. You can find the folder at the location below.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->cache

Start NinjaTrader and check if the issue persists.

The cache folder is used to quickly load data in charts - the actual data is saved in the tick, minute and day folders. So the first time you load chart data after deleting the db-->cache folder, it will take a little longer to load than usual. Once all data is loaded, it will load data quickly again.

Comment

Ok...that worked...what causes that and how can I prevent in the future (or can I)? Thanks for the prompt help!

Comment

Unfortunately I am not sure what caused the issue. If the issue recurs, please let us know and check for any consistencies.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post bill2023  
                Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes