Accounts Not In Sync...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounts Not In Sync...

Whenever I try to apply a strategy to any equity I get a warning about confirmations that I click okay to, and then it says "Your strategy position(s) for instrument(s) LULU are not in sync with your account position(s). This could cause serious issues as the strategy places lives orders". I'm confused about this for two reasons. 1) I'm using the SIM101 account that has never had a trade placed and is empty of all positions and activity 2) Now, it does not show historically where that strategy would have gotten long or short, etc.

Thanks,
    TheProfitcy

Hello TheProfitcy,

The message can apply to all accounts including the sim101 account. It informs the strategy position and account position are different. Please check the Control Center-->Strategies and Positions tabs to see the difference.

For example, you can be in a position when you start your strategy. This is a "strategy position" and not a real "account position". The strategy is calculated on the historical data that is loaded and based on that, it could be in a position. More information can be found at the link below.

The following link provides information how you can configure your strategy to behave on startup. You can wait for the strategy position to become flat and only then have the strategy submit orders. You could also submit orders immediately.

Am I correct you apply the strategy in a chart and you do not see historical orders - orders that would have taken place if the strategy was running live at that time?

Do you see such historical orders if you apply the SampleMACrossOver strategy in a chart?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello TheProfitcy,

The message can apply to all accounts including the sim101 account. It informs the strategy position and account position are different. Please check the Control Center-->Strategies and Positions tabs to see the difference.

For example, you can be in a position when you start your strategy. This is a "strategy position" and not a real "account position". The strategy is calculated on the historical data that is loaded and based on that, it could be in a position. More information can be found at the link below.

The following link provides information how you can configure your strategy to behave on startup. You can wait for the strategy position to become flat and only then have the strategy submit orders. You could also submit orders immediately.

Am I correct you apply the strategy in a chart and you do not see historical orders - orders that would have taken place if the strategy was running live at that time?

Do you see such historical orders if you apply the SampleMACrossOver strategy in a chart?
      I've already read through those, but thank you. I understand the account and strategy can have different positions. However, the SIM101 account has no positions in anything. You are correct in referring to the historical orders. The strategy I had created as well as the sample MA crossover are both out of sync apparently, and neither plots the would be historical orders.

Comment

I've confirmed that there are no positions (I already knew there wasn't), and the strategy still isn't showing historical orders or allowing me to run the strategy, advising me that they are out of sync. The sample strategies are also not working.

Comment

Hello,

If you go Tools -> Options -> Strategies -> NinjaScript, what are the settings set to?

Can you provide screenshots of what you are seeing when you add the strategy?
          To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file, Click Reply and then Go Advanced. Click the Paperclip at the top toolbar to add an attachment/picture

For detailed instructions please visit the following link

http://take-a-screenshot.org/
          Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
            Hello,

If you go Tools -> Options -> Strategies -> NinjaScript, what are the settings set to?

Can you provide screenshots of what you are seeing when you add the strategy?
            To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file, Click Reply and then Go Advanced. Click the Paperclip at the top toolbar to add an attachment/picture

For detailed instructions please visit the following link

http://take-a-screenshot.org/
            Thanks for your response. My settings are set to "wait until flat before executing", but I have also tried the "execute immediately" option. Here is my positions screen and the dialog box I am getting.
            Attached Files

Comment

Could you please send me a request to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com
              Put in the subject line ATTN Cal and a reference to this thread in the body.

Thank you for your patience.
              Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post funk10101  
              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
              11 responses