Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real-time indicator glitch

Hello,

I had two, real-time custom indicators coded by different programmers.
    One is a volume indicator that separates and displays buying from selling volume.
    The other lists the ratio of buying to selling in percent form (0 to 100).

I have minor issues with both of them.

The buying/selling volume indicator will display the first listed print/s from the T&S as the previous candle's corresponding bar, while the rest of it for the current candle's bar continues operate normally. If this doesn't happen initially, it does to the following bars.

The buying/selling pressure indicator, occasionally, will not update on the first tick or volume print/s from the T&S, usually upon starting the indicator. I kept refreshing the indicator to look for this when I first noticed it.

I contacted the programmers about these issues. They both told me they tested for quality and accuracy in their code, and suggested it may be an issue with my platform or data feed- I have CQG. I'll post these indicators in the 'NT7 indicator' section of the forum (VolumesAtBidAsk & BuySellRatio). Does anybody have any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks.

-Nicholas

Hello Nicholas,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

The "BuySellRatio" indicator if you have the Parameter "Accumulate" set to false will no update until there is a Ask Bid and Last tick of information coming through so in a low volume Market you may not see an update for a little while.

The "VolumesAtBidAsk" is going to reset the its plot points on the first tick of a bar as well.

I have watched the indicators for a little while and do not see any issue.

Could you send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look to see if there is anything messages from NinjaTrader or CQG that could cause a problem.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Then you can reference this thread with a subject line "ATTN: JC"

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi JC,

I just sent you my log and trace files through the NT platform. Let me know if it didn't
      make it to you. Unfortunately, I didn't get much screen time because I work a full-time
      job, but this should suffice. As I stated earlier, these are minor issues. Hopefully, they get sorted out in the upcoming 'NT 8' version.

Thanks.

-Nicholas

Comment

Hello Nicholas,

I have not received them yet, could you try to manually attach them to an email and sent it to "support [at] ninjatrader [dot] come" with reference to this thread and a subject line of "ATTN: JC" so that I can look into this.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20131212.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20131212.txt"

Happy to be of further assistance.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM