Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Looking for method to overlay instruments beyond data series window selections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for method to overlay instruments beyond data series window selections?

Tad difficult to describe accurately but here it goes: By selecting multiple instruments in the data series window you can effectively stack multiple instruments one of top of another. But the picture this presents is lacking for the purposes of identifying which indices are leading at any given moment. Although I am a dedicated Ninja user, the easiest way to describe what I am seeking is to reference the feature in tradestation. Tradestation will allow you to overlay simple line charts. For example ES/TF/NQ/YM all on one chart as simple lines overlapping looks like snakes moving around each other and makes it very simple at a glance to tell which of the four is leading the rest into support or resistance areas.

Does this feature exist and I am missing it, or has it yet to be integrated? Perhaps there is ninja script available or a custom indicator that would serve this purpose?

as always really appreciate the help. Happy Holidays!

Originally posted by BillTpa View Post
    Tad difficult to describe accurately but here it goes: By selecting multiple instruments in the data series window you can effectively stack multiple instruments one of top of another. But the picture this presents is lacking for the purposes of identifying which indices are leading at any given moment. Although I am a dedicated Ninja user, the easiest way to describe what I am seeking is to reference the feature in tradestation. Tradestation will allow you to overlay simple line charts. For example ES/TF/NQ/YM all on one chart as simple lines overlapping looks like snakes moving around each other and makes it very simple at a glance to tell which of the four is leading the rest into support or resistance areas.

Does this feature exist and I am missing it, or has it yet to be integrated? Perhaps there is ninja script available or a custom indicator that would serve this purpose?

as always really appreciate the help. Happy Holidays!
    Just drag-and-drop them on the same panel? Or just use the Properties of the Data Series to put them in the same panel.

Comment

Man, not really following you there. Where in properties exactly do I make that adjustment? Can you be a little more specific on "drag and drop"? I can stack them through the data series, but want to actually overlay them one on top of the other- hope I am explain it adequately and thanks !

Comment

Hello BillTpa,

Thank you for your forum post.

You can overlay data series on the same panel within NinjaTrader.
        • Right mouse click on the chart background > Data series...
        • On the data series window > Select the data series you would like to overlay on top of the initial data series from the bottom left hand corner and then you can modify the parameters on the right hand side
        • Change the parameter for Panel to be 1
        • You also may need to change the Scale Justification setting from Right to Left or Overlay.
        • You can set the Chart Style from Candlestick to Line on Close as well.
        • Click OK when finished.

You can see more information from the Help Guide article below:
        Attached Files
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Got it bro, thanks. Play with the right, left and overlay on each if you are having trouble with this...

Comment

if in ninja i wanted to have two series of data as shown but i wanted to "displace one of them forward" X amount of bars to see if some markets lead others how would that be done in ninja?

Comment

Hello chinapassage,

Thank you for your forum post.

I am not aware of any way to displace only one data series when multiple data series are applied to a chart.

When adjusting one data series, it will adjust all data series on the chart.
              Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by chinapassage View Post
                if in ninja i wanted to have two series of data as shown but i wanted to "displace one of them forward" X amount of bars to see if some markets lead others how would that be done in ninja?
                You mean you want to displace a Price DataSeries, or an indicator Plot DataSeries? Which?

Comment

pricedata series... for example if i wanted to see if ZB is predictive to the YM i could shift it forward X amount of bars and it would give me a road map... for example i did a work around since i could not shift price forward i took a SMA of the high and low of 1 of ZB and then placed it on the YM and shifted it forward 17 bars so it is kinda a road map http://screencast.com/t/1BYEg9l0lQmy i would like to overlay the data itself and shift forward or backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by chinapassage View Post
                    pricedata series... for example if i wanted to see if ZB is predictive to the YM i could shift it forward X amount of bars and it would give me a road map... for example i did a work around since i could not shift price forward i took a SMA of the high and low of 1 of ZB and then placed it on the YM and shifted it forward 17 bars so it is kinda a road map http://screencast.com/t/1BYEg9l0lQmy i would like to overlay the data itself and shift forward or backwards.
                    Well, you did what I was about to suggest. If you really want to shift the entire OHCL data as candlesticks, you will have to write an indicator to do so. Take a look at the shipping Heiken-Ashi indicator for an example of how to use a Custom Plot to do so.

Comment

yeah thats a good idea i tried that though and similar with other bar painters to do the same thing i do with an indicator... but they will shift forward but not show the plots... i tried increasing the margin in properties but that doesnt work as well... but thanks for the input!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by JGriff5646, Today, 10:02 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post JGriff5646  
                      Started by AdamDJ8, Today, 09:18 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post AdamDJ8