Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Day Trading - Execution, Exchanges, Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Trading - Execution, Exchanges, Price?

Hello,
    Normally I use Light speed to day trade but I am trying to determine the usability of NinjaTrader as a replacement. I've setup keystrokes as my order entry commands, but a couple things I've been wonderong:

1) How do I change my tier size from 100, or a just before submitting the order?
    2) How do I control which exchange my order is routed through?
    3) After hitting the keystrokes to buy or sell, how do I adjust the price say higher a penny on the bid, in order to Trump the high bid?

If I can figure out how to accomplish these three things I feel I may be able to comfortably replaced lightspeed with NinjaTrader.

Thanks!

Hello TheProfitcy,

1) You will need to manually adjust the Order qty field to 100 before you submit the order.

2) The exchange is configured in the Instrument Manager per instrument. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, for example highlight the ES and click Edit. You will see the ES has the Globex exchange enabled.

3) What order entry window do you use? The SuperDOM and ChartTrader allow you to submit orders at prices in a price ladder or chart itself. When you use the Basic Entry window, please click your middle mouse button (scroll wheel) in the Limit and/or Stop fields and it will update to the current price. From there use the scroll wheel to select the desired price.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
    1 response
    0 likes