Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts lost the saved end date when opening workspace again

Hi,

I've got a situation where some charts have lost their saved end date when I open the workspace up again.

I am trying to use Ninja like this:

1. I've got a workspace called 'Trading' with 9 charts, all the same symbol, with the end date for every chart being now, i.e. the live data
    2. I set the end date on every chart to 2013-01-31 and saved the workspace as a different name 'Review' because I am going over the year 2013 looking at my method
    3. Everything was fine for a while until I decided to try having two workspaces open while trading was quiet - I opened up the Review workspace while connected to my data provider. This was also OK
    4. Later on in the session, I put my laptop into 'hibernation'. I won't do that again. When I came back and woke up the laptop, there was of course a big gap on the live charts so I hit 'Reload historical data'. The Review workspace was still open of course with the end date on the charts still at Jan 31.
    5. Something went badly wrong and the data refused to load completely despite repeated attempts.I couldn't get the last hour on the charts - the Trading workspace charts, I mean of course.
    6. I closed the Trading workspace, opened a new chart for the my instrument and made sure all the data was there - had to 'Reload historical' again
    7. Then I re-opened the Trading workspace and all the charts were fine.
    8. Without looking any more at the Review workspace, I closed Ninja for the day
    9. I opened it this morning and looking at the Review workspace, half the charts are still set to Jan 31 as should be, but the others are set to Now

Is this a known issue? Should I avoid having two workspaces open? How can I make sure I don't have to go through the charts each time I open the Review workspace to set the date?

Thanks.

Hello adamus,

I am not aware of such a known issue. Do you notice any consistency between the charts that switched to the current date?

If you set the charts to January 31st again, save your workspace and restart NinjaTrader, does the issue persist?

I tested two workspaces with charts set to a different end date, but I could not reproduce the issue so far.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Difficult to remember exactly but thinking about it gives me a hunch that it was the charts with indicators on. I have several simple charts that don't show anything but the price and an MA in different formats - one is a 1-tick chart, one is a 1-second bid and ask chart, one is a 5-min chart. I think all the other charts were affected and had indicators on them with multiple time-frames.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Can you please send me your workspaces so I can test them on my end. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to support. Checkmark 'Workspace files and UI settings'. Put 'Att Jason, Charts lost the saved end date when opening workspace again' in the subject header.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, it's on its way to you now. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM