Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

strategy analyzer session templates not consistent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy analyzer session templates not consistent?

in my strategy analyzer runs monday daily price bars are properly preceded by a Friday bar in the analyzer chart display of bars [ie] the session template appears to be my desired 24 x 5 template.
    however when I send previous day info to the debug output window from my strategy code, Monday's previous day shows up as sunday. is there maybe a way to tell the strategy that I am on a Monday thru Friday, 24 x 5, session?

Hello joemiller,

Using a "Day" period type inside of the Strategy Analyzer you would not be able to specify a Session Template because Daily Bars will be reported directly from your Data Provider.

The Date Time stamps of the bars will be displayed in the backtest based on the Session Template setting of your Instrument in the Instrument Manager, so if it is displaying "Sunday" then you may want to change this. To do this you may go to the Tools -> Instrument Manager window, search for your Instrument, select the Instrument, then press the Edit button, and then change the "Session Template" using the drop down window to something like "US Equities RTH".

Let us know if that displays like you want.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I should have mentioned that the instrument is the EURUSD forex currency pair, so do I not have to keep the forex template?

Comment

joe,

The "Forex" session template is configured as Sunday 5:00PM to Friday 5:00PM.

You may consider using the "Default 24/5" session template which is Monday 12:00AM to Saturday 12:00AM, or you may customize your own session template which uses the dates/times you are seeking.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
        13 responses
        0 likes