Need help with atm strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with atm strategy

I come from options trading and risk was decided on the greeks so setting profits and stop losses is something a little new to me, so heres my problem.

Can someone tell me EXACTLY HOW TO SET THESE PARAMETERS in a atm strategy

5 point profit trigger with a 6 point stop loss, now heres my problem,,,,instead of closing out the position when it hits the 5 point profit, would like to keep going but not losing the 5 points either

Ive watched the video 3 times already and it just wont stick, its prolly something very simple.

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

To assist further, what instrument are you trading?
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I will be trading the dow ym, gold gc and the nasdaq nq. I would like the same parameters for all of them

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

This will incorporate the Auto Breakeven Strategy and you will need to set this up the way that best suits you.

Please see the attached screen shot.
        • Stop Loss: 6
        • Profit Target: 0
        • Stop Strategy: <Custom>

This will set No profit target and act like a runner.

In the Stop Strategy we have set the Auto Breakeven with a Profit Trigger of 5.
        Once you have reached 5 ticks in profit, the stop will Trigger to move.

The Plus field is set to 4, which means the Stop will be moved to the entry price Plus 4 ticks.

This isn't 5 ticks, because if you were to move the stop exactly to the Profit Trigger it would get filled.

Please set this up and test on your end.
        Attached Files

Comment

alright but what if it keeps getting more profit, will stop be moving with it?

Comment

Hello,

For the stop to continue to move, you would need to use the Auto Trail.

How many ticks do you want the stop to Trail?

How many additional ticks in profit after your Profit Trigger is hit do you want the stop to move? Every 1 tick, every 2 ticks, etc.

Comment

start with every tick, and once i play a trade do I have to use the ATM strategy and the stop strategy at the same time every time?

Comment

Hello,

Attached is an updated screen shot.

As the market moves in your favor it will automatically trail your stop a set number of ticks behind the market.

With the 1 tick Frequency this will move the stop for every 1 tick in profit above your profit trigger.

You will need to use the ATM Strategy in combination with the Stop Strategy, as the Stop Strategy manages the Stop Loss order.

Once you have everything set the way you wish, Right click in the SuperDOM -> Manage ATM Strategies -> Give it a custom name to save your settings.

Attached Files

Comment

youve been alot of help thank you very much but one last question, in your updated reply and picture it shows auto breakeven blank now?

Comment

Hello,

That is correct. Because the auto-trail is now being used to manage the order the auto-breakeven has been cleared.
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tested it out and must have explained it wrong,,,,Im mainly going to do alot of scalping but what i want is when it hits a profit trigger of 5 points, I want to let the profits run but at the same time i dont want to lose those 5 points

I could of set it up with a 5 point profit trigger and a 6 point stop loss but didnt want to lose out when the profits run

Comment

Hello,

Based on this update, it sounds like the original settings which used an auto-breakeven but no auto-trail would be correct. Please test that out in the Sim101 account and let me know if we need to make other adjustments.
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Nope that didnt work either, all that did was lock me into the profit, but I was long and gold kept going higher and missed out, theres got to be a way to do this, lol sorry for the constant back and forth

Comment

Hi,

The settings provided in post #8 should do this for you, and continue to make the modification as long as you have not been stopped out. If you found it locked in your profit, but then continued to go higher, my best guess is that price came back down to your auto trial price and then went higher. To avoid this you would need to use a wider stop.
                            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I understand that, but why cant the stop be moved higher if it should go higher instead of locking the profits? remember these are scalp trades most profit trades I will only get prolly 5 ticks but sometimes it will go higher and should be able to capture that as welll

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
                              16 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post z.franck  
                              Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rtwave