Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

my tick candles in Market Replay don't look like tick candles in live feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my tick candles in Market Replay don't look like tick candles in live feed?

I use a 2000 tick candle. I would like to use Market Replay to practice my skills, but the candles that form on Market Replay are not the same, and it makes a significant difference in my ability to use Market Replay effectively. So as a result I have taken to practicing my skills by moving the live data feed one candle at a time from the far right of the screen, and trying to anticipate what comes next. It is disappointing that i can't use MR to practice, but the difference in candles does make a significant different for my trading. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi,

Different data providers will provide different tick charts.

If you prefer the ticks you see on your live connection, you can always record your market replay files from your connection. This is enabled by going to Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> select "Record for Market Replay".

With this option selected, all of your streaming live data will be saved on your computer to be replayed later. You will need to make sure you have a window open with the desired instruments (such as a chart, or a market analyzer window) and you remain connecting to your provider in order for this data to properly record.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

that sounds like a perfect solution, thank you. So you're saying that the tick chart I get on the live feed is provided by a different data provider from the one I get on Market Replay? I use AMP/CQG as my broker/data provider, and my platform is Ninja. This would be the live feed. Is it a different data provider for the Market Replay tick candles? Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

That is correct - the Market Replay data recorded on our servers is provided by a Zen-Fire connection. As different providers (CQG vs Zen-Fire) use different methods of tick distribution, it's guaranteed that two providers will generate different tick charts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
        1 response
        0 likes