Multi-broker NT license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-broker NT license

I am interested in getting the multi-broker NT license.to run a few accounts from different brokers. Would appreciate some advice from traders who have used this version. I wonder how it works if it works because it will involve multiple data feeds and/or accounts from different brokers connecting to one or more data feeds.

Thanks.

TonyPJ

Hello TonyPJ,

When connecting to multiple brokers, you will be able to route trades to your accounts with each broker at any time.

The first broker you connect to will provide data for all instrument typess they support. The second broker you connect to will provide data for any instrument types the first broker does not support. This means that the order in which you connect to brokers has an impact on where you receive data from.

You can view the types of data provided by various supported connection technologies at the following help guide link:

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_TylerG View Post
      Hello TonyPJ,

When connecting to multiple brokers, you will be able to route trades to your accounts with each broker at any time.

The first broker you connect to will provide data for all instrument typess they support. The second broker you connect to will provide data for any instrument types the first broker does not support. This means that the order in which you connect to brokers has an impact on where you receive data from.

You can view the types of data provided by various supported connection technologies at the following help guide link:

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
      Not to be rude and I think NT is great but for the art of simplicity and accuracy(meaning you are assured-because you assign it vs "i hope I connected in the right order for NT to know what to do??????) seems others have you beat here e.g. MC quote manager, and broker profiles clearly showing who you are connected with and trading with.

Comment

Hello Hello TonyPJ,,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are always looking for ways to improve the software and I will forward a suggestion to development that we spend more time here.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Kyle for explaining how market data (real-time and historical) get to the Multi-Broker NinjaTrader. I understand that very well but maybe I didn't make my questions clear. Let me try again.

Can I run the Multi-Broker NT with two or more brokers with the same brokerage/data feed like ZenFire or CQG? I understand NT can only handle one instance of data feed which means I cannot add a second broker if they also using the same data feed.

If I use one broker with ZenFire to provide market data and to send traders to the exchange, and use a second broker with CQG feed then it should work. ZenFire will provide market data to NT and also send trades to the exchange and CQG will provide supplemental market data to NT for any market data not available on the ZenFire feed and also send trades for the second broker to the exchange.

I will end up with two data feeds and two brokers and even more brokers if they provide different feeds from the first two brokers.

A new question: For each broker I should be able to manage multiple accounts under the same broker. I would like to do block trade or group trade offered by NT to manage these accounts under the same broker. Is it true that entering a group trade and existing a group trade in NT is easy but making changes to the orders is not as easy because I have to go into each individual accounts to make the changes?

Again, would love to hear from any traders who are using the Multi-Broker version of NinjaTrader.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello TonyPJ,

You are correct - you will not be able to connect to two brokers that use the same data feed. The multi-broker license will work with multiple brokers only when they use different connection technologies.

Regarding the account groups, you will be able to submit orders to an account group, and the order will be replicated across each account. However, further modifications to or cancellation of these orders will need to be done on each individual account.
            Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
            Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes