Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Cancel Order

Hi

Another problem I had last Friday was I had entered a long position on TF as it was ramping up. But I saw it stall out. So I tried to close that position so I could reverse it. And I entered an order to close it which it missed by one tick. And when I tried to click the X next to the order in the SuperDOM to cancel it nothing happened. It was unclickable. But the trades in the middle of the SuperDOM where active.

When I looked in the Orders tab it said "Pending" in green. It was frustrating. I didn't really know what to do other than close NT and reopen it, which I did. Unfortunately, it sold off while I was gone and I lost $170. So that wasn't good. Any ideas what may have caused this and what I can do if it happens again? Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

First, if this is a live trade please contact your broker to manage the position.
    Once you have closed the position with your broker please repair your database to remove the order from NinjaTrader.
    • To repair your database please go to Tools -> Options -> Data -> and click Repair DB.

If this does not remove the order then the order will be removed when your broker resets their servers.
    If the order was submitted to the sim101 account please reset the sim101 account.
    • To reset the sim101 account please go to Tools--> Options--> Simulator--> and click Reset

Click here for more information on the Sim101 account
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your response. It takes a while to call a broker to close a trade. These are futures and they turn rapidly. I wanted to understand why clicking the X next to the trade order wouldn't work. I clicked it and clicked it and nothing happened. I didn't want to enter another order until I knew that one was closed. I wanted to do this quickly in the software.

I'm not worried about repairing the database. As I mentioned, when I closed and then reopened NT the order did register as canceled. You missed my point. I wanted to know what I can do, if anything, next time this might happen and what would cause this. Rebooting the software and reconnecting took a few minutes during which time the market moved against me and I lost the money. Please reread my post. This obviously wasn't a SIM trade. I lost real money. Thanks.
      Last edited by bce111; 12-22-2013, 07:43 PM.

Comment

bce111,

Please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com.

In your message please include a link to this forum thread, your phone number and a time tomorrow between 8:30 AM EST until 6:00 PM EST that we can reach you by phone.

Comment

I won't be available by phone. Sorry.

Comment

Hello,

In that case, please contact me by email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com with all of the following:
            1.) A link to this forum thread.
            2.) An Order ID for the order in question. This is shown in the orders and executions tabs of the Control Center.
            3.) A copy of the log file from that date: Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt
            4.) A copy of the trace file from that date: Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

I can't provide the order number from the Orders and Executions tabs as this is from last week. I guess it would be in the log file. Is that right.

I've got to go. I'll check back tomorrow. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Your broker should be able to provide you with this information. Alternately NinjaTrader's Account Performance menu could be used to display the same information for a past date.

Comment

Hi

I was wondering if any of you other guys had any thought on this problem I had. I am assembling the log and trace files. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the follow up.

I can investigate this situation further on my end.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.
                    2.) An Order ID for the order in question. This is shown in the orders and executions tabs of the Control Center.
                    3.) A copy of the log file from that date: Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt
                    4.) A copy of the trace file from that date: Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
                    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Ryan

I'll get that to you guys sometime this week. Have a nice Christmas. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherS  
                      Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick